Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Am I the only one who thinks signing T-Mac would be a good idea? If the Magic can rid of Q-Rich's contract (although I am a fan of him and his "cheerleading"), they might as well sign T-Mac to give that veteran experience to the team. He probably wouldn't touch the court much, but he'd sell jerseys and it would be nice to see him back in Orlando.

I may be biased because I love T-Mac but it's not like he's getting any other offers.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to get obliteration here, but a low risk/high reward guy I'd like to see brought in would be Terrence Williams. I know he's got some serious issues in the attic but, maybe, just maybe...you never know.

I think we have some tough decisions to make with regard to our current depth to assets ratio but a young promising player like T-Will with a lot of dimension could be something to look forward to.

I don't know the guy has been in the league 4 years and hasn't improved at all. That alone doesn't make me want him, throw in all the baggage and he is the exact opposite of what you would want on a young team. Maybe if his upside was high but the guy at very best is Corey Brewer.

Am I the only one who thinks signing T-Mac would be a good idea? If the Magic can rid of Q-Rich's contract (although I am a fan of him and his "cheerleading"), they might as well sign T-Mac to give that veteran experience to the team. He probably wouldn't touch the court much, but he'd sell jerseys and it would be nice to see him back in Orlando.

I may be biased because I love T-Mac but it's not like he's getting any other offers.

Yeah you are

Would rather have Q, than to bring him back.

I love T-Mac, but we already have Hedo wasting time and money there. We need to develop Harkless as the SF of the future.

I would love to have one more young promising player, which is why I was hoping Evans could get swapped for Al. But we forget that vuca, harkless Nicholson and oquinn all fit that bill. If we go too young we would be hurting because young guys can't handle losing this much and team morale would be very poor. We need that veteran balance. But one more young guy would be nice, especially at point.

Am I the only one that is really, really excited about Afflalo? I don't know much about his character so he may be bs-ing, but from his statements recently I feel like this guy is going to be fun to watch as one of the leaders on the court. He doesn't strike me as the kind of player that gives less than 100% and thinks it's acceptable to do so (like JRich).

In all honestly, I'm more psyched about next season than I was about the previous one. Even if we tank, it will be more enjoyable to me than it has been in a long, long time.

Am I the only one that is really, really excited about Afflalo? I don't know much about his character so he may be bs-ing, but from his statements recently I feel like this guy is going to be fun to watch as one of the leaders on the court. He doesn't strike me as the kind of player that gives less than 100% and thinks it's acceptable to do so (like JRich).

In all honestly, I'm more psyched about next season than I was about the previous one. Even if we tank, it will be more enjoyable to me than it has been in a long, long time.

Afflalo is a great glue guy. Plays hard and works on both ends of the court and he brings the gritty style we haven't seen for a couple years. I would have loved to have had him about 2 years earlier, but I'm still very pleased to have him now.

Watching the Afflalo PC you really could tell that Hennigan hand picked the guy, he kept going on about processes, improving day by day and competing. He seemed on completely the same wave length as both Rob and Jacque.