Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Three thoughts:

1) DoM has secret mind police?!?!

2) I now wish there was a Panda Express near me

3) It kind of sucks that we are in the position to hire a new coach, and seriously looking at a guy that Dwight was rumored to want here in Shaw, and yet also looking to rid ourselves of the Dwightmare at the same time. I really wish we had kept Stan around to help mold these young guys.

This is grossly understating Rambis' situation. Please go back and read my post on the previous page.

Rambis was put into a bad situation, but I'm of the mind that his teams were moderately better than the record he led them too.

Rambis was put into a bad situation, but I'm of the mind that his teams were moderately better than the record he led them too.

Fair enough. I cannot argue against someone's opinion.

I do not know if Rambis is a good coach. But when he had players that were recognized as being good, he had a good record. When he had players recognized as being unproven, he had a poor record.

It is my opinion that the next Magic coach, be he Malone, Shaw, or Whozit, will have a poor record in his first season and it will be unfair to judge his coaching job solely on the W/L record.

It is my opinion that the next Magic coach, be he Malone, Shaw, or Whozit, will have a poor record in his first season and it will be unfair to judge his coaching job solely on the W/L record.

I think reasonable people would agree that this is the case all the time, not just in the first year.

I think reasonable people would agree that this is the case all the time, not just in the first year.

C'mon now, you know that "reason" and his good friend "rationality" have zero place or purpose in sports fandom.

We do tend to judge our coaches on their W/L records don't we? And rings of course. Star players don't want to play for a coach unless he's got rings!

DoM

mhm. Cool Story man.

Good to have little debates and then gets to the "nitty gritty" at the end. Keeps this thread and forum interesting.

Oh btw if you are referring to me a being "arrogant" not "ignorant", thats fine because thats the way I am. :lol: Thats how majority of the NBA players are these days if they want to succeed. You can call them "ignorant" or whatever. They are still successful player and still proud of who they are. Criticism will make players/some smart people stronger and more successful.

I will close out by saying this. Top three Magic Coach candidates: Shaw, Malone, Hornacek.

DoM

mhm. Cool Story man.

Good to have little debates and then gets to the "nitty gritty" at the end. Keeps this thread and forum interesting.

Oh btw if you are referring to me a being "arrogant" not "ignorant", thats fine because thats the way I am. :lol: Thats how majority of the NBA players are these days if they want to succeed. You can call them "ignorant" or whatever. They are still successful player and still proud of who they are. Criticism will make players/some smart people stronger and more successful.

I will close out by saying this. Top three Magic Coach candidates: Shaw, Malone, Hornacek.

2ntfrid.jpg

Legitimately not trying to pile on here, but attempting to converse with nCoolness is just going to be fruitless. I've been back on the forums for a little over a week and I have yet to read a post by him/her that hasn't been horribly misguided or offensive.

DoM

mhm. Cool Story man.

I........

Am I being punked?