Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

I talk to Magical since he is my friend (off of the internets) and I love what Henny is doing. He is trying some bigs for small trades to see who is interested. If he can get Evans and give up Al Harrington, he will do it. Sacramento wants a better deal so he probably won't make a trade.

I think he is chatting with San An and OKC of course as well. Dude is just trying to move bigs and get a young guy back.

Worst case is Ish is our #2 and he just cuts guys.

Penny for gods sake let go of it. He has gotten more things than that right. You just bash the guy every time...its lame. Nobody is in this for fame or fortune, so chill out.

I would do the deal Magical posted. think about it Harrington and Redick are not going to be here long term, Tyreke can blossom in a better environment. I remember his rookie year and he looked like a Dwade clone, I also don't view Tyreke as a PG. he is a combo guard my biggest problem with him is off ball play, but learning cuts and such can be done.

Good Glen Davis interview on espnradio.

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2117/7827/1113098/vanpeltaudio_2012-08-14-133138-3953-0-0-0.32.mp3?cdn_id=33&uuid=78f5063777345d20e01ca9cee0e87c15&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fespn.go.com%2Fespnradio%2Fplay%3Fid%3D8268730&s=5L8r1

He sounds ready to lead and be an example for the younger players. He's def saying all the right things.

Sam Amick says we're in the running to land Greg Oden. That's a good move for us Greg and Vucci Mane can give us that twin tower look

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/ab16625d-fd02-447c-b453-567bef8203d5/?source=twitter

I hear Oden has demanded Blue and White tennis balls for the back end of his walker.

Look if someone wants Dwight's back to be asassinated Im sure we could lure Greg Kite out of retirement. I watched Rony Seikaly looking for his front teeth near the Magic basket after "encountering" one of Kite's more "gentle" fouls...I think Dwight's lower back and Greg's fore arm need to meet.

I would play BBD at C and Harrington at the 4, and play a deep bench.

Why would you want to start Harrington? If our plans are to ship him to another team within the next...18 months, we should be developing Nicholson and giving him good minutes.

IMO, our lineup should look like this

Jameer

Afflaro

Harkless

Nicholson

Davis

Why would you want to start Harrington? If our plans are to ship him to another team within the next...18 months, we should be developing Nicholson and giving him good minutes.

Jameer

Afflaro

Harkless

Nicholson

Davis

If we don't trade him before the season, we need to start him. He can take a lot of shots on a bad team, pad his stats, and run up his market value. That's how average players make short sighted/desperate GM's and idiot fans think they're good.

• Upvote 1

Jameer

Afflaro

Harkless

Nicholson

Davis

To build his trade value?

To maximize his return by inflating his numbers?

Why on earth would u start Harkless who by all accounts is raw?

• Upvote 1

Jameer

Afflaro

Harkless

Nicholson

Davis

Yeah we need to develop, not set people up to fail. Playing young guys who aren't ready can ruin their confidence and have them develop bad habits. I expect both to get good burn on this team but I expect them to come off the bench opening night. Nicholson may be to good right now not to earn a starting spot by the end of the year but I think Harkless is a project.

• Upvote 1

To build his trade value?

To maximize his return by inflating his numbers?

Why on earth would u start Harkless who by all accounts is raw?

I say we start Meer, JJ,Turk,Harrington and Baby and have the worst defensive team of all time in the NBA.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to get obliteration here, but a low risk/high reward guy I'd like to see brought in would be Terrence Williams. I know he's got some serious issues in the attic but, maybe, just maybe...you never know.

I think we have some tough decisions to make with regard to our current depth to assets ratio but a young promising player like T-Will with a lot of dimension could be something to look forward to.