Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Sam Amick says we're in the running to land Greg Oden. That's a good move for us Greg and Vucci Mane can give us that twin tower look

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/ab16625d-fd02-447c-b453-567bef8203d5/?source=twitter

You misunderstood what he said. It was an anymous GM that said he THINKS Spurs, Pacers, & Magic could land Oden. The GM stressed that it was his own speculation and nothing more.

Is this good?

Anything that helps our win total is bad right? I'm so torn, I don't want us to be good, but I really don't want us to be good in 2014.

I think it's good Greg is still young and won't win games by himself. We'd have 2 legit 7ft big man that could play with each other. Nobody in the East has that luxury

Didn't see this posted anywhere but I like this strategy. Henny will probably work this out so that regardless of our record, he'll have traded picks with teams so that we have a lottery pick in 2013.

Question is: Who is in going to be in cap/luxury tax hell that we can poach picks/players from?

John Denton:

1 plan for #Magic is to use Trade Exception to absorb players from teams looking to avoid luxury tax. Catch is Magic will demand drft picks

You misunderstood what he said. It was an anymous GM that said he THINKS Spurs, Pacers, & Magic could land Oden. The GM stressed that it was his own speculation and nothing more.

Oh my bad I saw a tweet from a reporter but never read the article. Rookie mistake lol

Didn't see this posted anywhere but I like this strategy. Henny will probably work this out so that regardless of our record, he'll have traded picks with teams so that we have a lottery pick in 2013.

Question is: Who is in going to be in cap/luxury tax hell that we can poach picks/players from?

Chicago is 1 team, I believe. I could see us taking on someone like Rip Hamilton. Contract is only fully guaranteed through this season anyways.

The only reason why I wouldn't want him is because I don't think he's worth a max contract. Other than that, he'd be a great piece to have. I think he would be fine being the main guy if that's what was asked of him, I just don't think he's a good enough player to take on that role for a championship team.

THIS! . Good post. This is exactly how i feel.

He is no better than iguadola other than the shooting. His defense is not as good. We refused to take iguadola in the DH deal.

I like him, dont get me wrong, but only if D12 was here. I dont see him as a franchise/ max player.

New york knicks, san antonio, okc, memphis and yes, brooklyn.

Chicago is 1 team, I believe. I could see us taking on someone like Rip Hamilton. Contract is only fully guaranteed through this season anyways.

Chicago will probably want to get rid of Boozer. Dont know if I want him though.

Watched the Afflalo PC, there was so much squeaking going on I thought someone was getting it on right there in the room.

Is Dwight still here in orlando?

• Upvote 2

Chicago will probably want to get rid of Boozer. Dont know if I want him though.

Doubt it, that guy and his contract are literally immovable.