Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

What is going on here? We can only have 1 Cutestory on this forumn this thing isn't big enough for the both of you!!!

you have been missin out. The wave of Cutestorys has formed thanks Jareth.

on to the topic: Afflalo is the type of player that wants a challenge and that probably what the Magic is looking for. Prob Afflalo knew Carsmello Bricklayer was a total ball hog when he was with the Nuggets.

I don't want harden anymore. too much of his success is the result of durant and westbrook (those guys are extremely intense in practice and help people get better) and I'm not sure he has the mindset to be the main guy on a team

you have been missin out. The wave of Cutestorys has formed thanks Jareth.

on to the topic: Afflalo is the type of player that wants a challenge and that probably what the Magic is looking for. Prob Afflalo knew Carsmello Bricklayer was a total ball hog when he was with the Nuggets.

These nicknames for opposing players is incredibly immature and equally as stupid.

• Upvote 1

I don't want harden anymore. too much of his success is the result of durant and westbrook (those guys are extremely intense in practice and help people get better) and I'm not sure he has the mindset to be the main guy on a team

The only reason why I wouldn't want him is because I don't think he's worth a max contract. Other than that, he'd be a great piece to have. I think he would be fine being the main guy if that's what was asked of him, I just don't think he's a good enough player to take on that role for a championship team.

These nicknames for opposing players is incredibly immature and equally as stupid.

Come on now. You know its true. Melo does ball hog, thats why Jeremy Lin haven't scored much after Melo came out of the injury last season.

As I've said before, I'd personally like to make a run at Harden to be our PG of the future. I believe he could serve as a bigger Billups-type floor general, like he does for OKC in their 4th quarter play. He's not a go-to player or dominant player, but he could be a borderline all-star for years to come. I don't think he'll be available until next year.

Totally agree. He's...what? 6'5? And a great passer and ball handler. A guy that big as a PG would be the best thing the Magic have seen since Penny.

Sam Amick says we're in the running to land Greg Oden. That's a good move for us Greg and Vucci Mane can give us that twin tower look

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/ab16625d-fd02-447c-b453-567bef8203d5/?source=twitter

Is this good?

Anything that helps our win total is bad right? I'm so torn, I don't want us to be good, but I really don't want us to be good in 2014.

I appear to be in the minority at this point, but I think Harden has star/main guy written all over him. I love the way he plays.

Comparing Harden to JJ is apples and oranges. Harden is a MUCH better ball handler and playmaker than JJ, I could easily see him running point quite often on a new team.

if Oden plays 10 games this season I'd be surprised. He says he's taking the year off and only MAY play late in the season depending on health. If's a classic low risk/high reward scenario for any team that uses a roster spot on him now. The salary will be inconsequential at this point and he could pan out. For us though, I just don't see a need there unless we're just planning to stash him away in hopes of him actually becoming a success.