Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

BUMP

Great, great article, until I read the one and only comment under it which made me gouge my eyes out with red-hot steak knives.

More RealGM goodness. We should start a blog guys and call it "What did RealGM say this time?".

~Snoopy~ wrote:

JarethCutestory wrote:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/08/15/dwight-howard-rob-hennigan-orlando-magic/index.html

You guys, ESPECIALLY BadMofoPimp, need to read this entire article.

Great piece of writing by Amick, and ALOT of the reality of the deal is detailed. Such as Lamb being off the table after his summer league breakout, and guys like Gary Forbes being offered in the HOU deal attached to the TOR lotto pick.

Seriously. Read it. Now.

Many assumed that the Rockets' three first-round picks from this year's draft -- guard Jeremy Lamb and forwards Royce White and Terrence Jones -- would be made available in a Howard deal. But sources close to the Magic said Lamb was the only such prospect offered, and that he was off the table by the time the talks involved the Lakers and Lamb had impressed at the Las Vegas summer league in July (he averaged 20 points in five games). Meanwhile, unwanted players like Gary Forbes, Jon Brockman and Marcus Morris were made available (along with shooting guard Kevin Martin, whose expiring $12.9 million contract was a must to make the money work).

yeh Rob should have waited much freakin longer to talk to Dwight

Should have trade him Before or during the draft...

he waited till offer went worse and worse ...

this article aint change sht...

secondly...

we all were realistic what we could get for D12

and we got it in Bynum + some scrubs

but flipped that for 2 bad contracts crappy picks +15th pick

Un freakin BELIVABLE

GM of the year

Jareth, please stop reading RealGM. More importantly, stop posting it here. This place has enough insanity as it is.

http://sportsillustr...agic/index.html

You guys need to read this.

spent more than seven weeks weighing his options with Howard after he was hired. He didn't do it alone, though, as he had continued the Presti parallel by hiring Pistons vice president of basketball operations Scott Perry as Orlando's VP and assistant GM. Before joining the Pistons in 2008, Perry was Presti's right-hand man in Seattle during his debut season with the Sonics. Hennigan also hired Bulls director of college scouting Matt Lloyd as assistant general manager, and on July 28 made 37-year-old Spurs assistant Jacque Vaughn the Magic's coach. The group worked closely with recently promoted CEO Alex Martins in the Howard process.

.....Definitely a confidence booster in knowing that we went in with purpose and grabbed the players "we" wanted: Nikola, Harkless, Afflalo.

And came out with a ludicrous TPE of 17 Million that expires in 2013....

Great write up and insider information to Rob, he sounds like a real meticulous guy which is needed. His hires have been very interesting and im excited to see what transpires.

RealGm is a nerdcore forum bro. That guy you are quoting is clearly an idiot. We have some too, but thank god they usually get banned.

I just swallowed some mouthwash, the equate kind. Not a cup but more than I ever have.

Am I going to die?

Check the ingredients. If it has Cetylpyridinium Chloride in it you might.

You'll survive. Luckily it was Equate. Don't even get me started on Listerine.