Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

If Henny's first move was re-signing a middle of the road 30-year old point guard for twice his value, I'll be on the verge of throwing my hands up.

2yr Deal with a 3rd year option....... It gives us time to look for our next future PG, instead of going with has beens or what about to be's (not sure if thats an actual sentence).

Nelson has been our real Leader since he has been here, I thinks its the leadership piece that is often undervalued in this league and fan base. I mean we already have a Super Star non Leader, and you can see where this is getting us.

We need someone who has been through the battles of the NBA, the NBA business, and life itself. That person will have more of a positive effect on a team on younger players than someone who can score, rebound and care about me all the time.

We need real leadership on this Team, Nelson fits the bill right now. And non of the other FA PG's are leaders or have been asked to lead a franchise.

For that amount Id rather have had Jeremy Lin...he is at least a guy who has some talent and ability to be someone special although time will tell. I think he would flourish under a good coach (we will see) and being the go to guy. He might also put people in the seats for a while which is now going to be Devos' biggest concern.

For that amount Id rather have had Jeremy Lin...he is at least a guy who has some talent and ability to be someone special although time will tell. I think he would flourish under a good coach (we will see) and being the go to guy. He might also put people in the seats for a while which is now going to be Devos' biggest concern.

With what magical cap space would we have signed him?

Is he a leader?

This teams needs a Leader.

All our cap space is Magic cap space.

Lol, touche! The magic cap space that isn't actually there for non magic players..... 60% of the time it makes sense every time!

At this point in Lins career he is a one hit wonder. He could be future star or a future bust. I am personally rooting for the kid to succeed, but have my doubts he will. However, Jameer has been and should continue to a good pg who will provide leadership to what could become a very young team.

At this point in Lins career he is a one hit wonder. He could be future star or a future bust. I am personally rooting for the kid to succeed, but have my doubts he will. However, Jameer has been and should continue to a good pg who will provide leadership to what could become a very young team.

So we win 5 more games and then have to trade our assets to move up a couple spots. In the NBA if youre going to suk then you need to suk big time not just a little bit. Jameer should never have got the reported 8 mill per year to help us get from 13 to 17 wins. If you watched Lin play the guy has talent and potential...and he isnt on the big downhill slide Jameer will be on in the next 3 years. As for cap space....are you kidding me didnt Otis leave us money to sign a guy like that....awwww shux.

Saw this yesterday, don't know if anybody posted it:

Report: Knicks, Bulls and Magic among teams interested in Hornets’ Marco Belinelli

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/17/marco-belinelli-new-orleans-hornets-nba/

newsflash Rob: You could have possibly worked Marco into like a S&T or something when you sent Ryan to NO.

but anywho, why do we need this guy? I mean, I like him and his potential but, JJ Redick anyone?

newsflash Rob: You could have possibly worked Marco into like a S&T or something when you sent Ryan to NO.

but anywho, why do we need this guy? I mean, I like him and his potential but, JJ Redick anyone?

I doubt we get him, especially if we get Parsons in a Houston deal.

I'm going to lose my mind if one more person ignores the fact that we don't have cap space with a "I would have rather had....." comment. The same people crying about Jameer's contract are the same people that would be slitting their wrists if they had to watch Duhon play 35 minutes a game.

Also, it should be pointed out that depending on how the Rocket's deal works out - assuming it works out at all - that we may need Jameer's contract to reach the salary cap floor. Either way, I don't anticipate us signing any big free agents next summer anyways, so the salary cap for the next couple of years is pretty irrelevant.