Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

old article on our assistant GM, Matt Lloyd:

http://www.dailyhera...orts/705309849/

I'm loving the staff Henny has put together.

Cant stress enough how critical scouting really is for a franchise.... I cant believe I never looked at our scouting dept from the past and never call them into question. I ignored that whole part, where I should of been blasting them since the Fran pick, and Orton.

Im glad we are actually building a front office the right way.

Cant stress enough how critical scouting really is for a franchise.... I cant believe I never looked at our scouting dept from the past and never call them into question. I ignored that whole part, where I should of been blasting them since the Fran pick, and Orton.

Well you kind of did, our head scouts were essentially Twardzik and Otis.

I bet Otis and Twardzik put together their list of prospects on a napkin at Waffle House the day of the draft and laughed at how there was no point in spending time on research since all draft picks never pan out anyway. How ownership let them both hang on after years of head scratching bafoonery amazes me. Unless of course ownership had say....a drinking problem.

I bet Otis and Twardzik put together their list of prospects on a napkin at Waffle House the day of the draft and laughed at how there was no point in spending time on research since all draft picks never pan out anyway. How ownership let them both hang on after years of head scratching bafoonery amazes me. Unless of course ownership had say....a drinking problem.

I think a Kentucky fan gave Otis $20 to select Orton so that Kentucky would have 5 first rd picks in the 2010 draft.

• Upvote 3

c'mon, that's a little harsh, it's all in good fun, it's not like they were trying to win a grammy or anything.

And when you say "they" you really mean you.