Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

@Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Orlando Magic shopping Jameer Nelson after signing him to a three year extension this summer.

I don't believe we're looking to trade Jameer. If that was the case, why not let him find an offer as a FA then negotiate a S&T? I think we're paying him to stay, mentor and lead this team while enduring the mass losing that's about to take place over the next 2-3 yrs.

I don't believe we're looking to trade Jameer. If that was the case, why not let him find an offer as a FA then negotiate a S&T? I think we're paying him to stay, mentor and lead this team while enduring the mass losing that's about to take place over the next 2-3 yrs.

just going to throw this out there. They re-signed Meer a month and a half ago now, quite a lot has happened since then...

I think we resigned him take make sure he got his last big payday. If we wanted him around his deal would've been completely garunteed. He would fit in well with a playoff team like the spurs off the bench or starting in Dallas

I agree with you, I think they need vet leaders to work with the young guys. We hear all the time about teams of young players that get into a losing mentality, I think BBD and Jameer are with us to get through these next few years.

• Upvote 1

just going to throw this out there. They re-signed Meer a month and a half ago now, quite a lot has happened since then...

very true, but both are very smart men. Jameer knew the Magic were either keeping Dwight or trading him, and if we traded him, there was a possibility to enter a rebuild. Rob already knew this and still aimed to re-sign him. Both knew the risk and it seems like Rob wanted Jameer here, no matter what; and Jameer, wouldn't mind going through this process (as long as we paid him).

was jameer's new contract an extension or a new contract. would we even be able to trade in the next month before camp?

The contract is a new contract; he can't be traded before Dec 15th.

I think we resigned him take make sure he got his last big payday. If we wanted him around his deal would've been completely garunteed. He would fit in well with a playoff team like the spurs off the bench or starting in Dallas

I was thinking he would be a great fit on the Lakers...they could give us a top 30 protected 2nd round pick in the 2022 draft and Stern would sign off on it...

• Upvote 1

All they are doing is running with what Schmitz wrote in the Sentinel. I haven't got the link but he essentially said that every veteran on our team is on the block for prospects, expirings and picks. He included Big Baby and Afflalo, which to me, proves that it is BS. Those two and Jameer are here to be the leaders of the new generation. Show the young guys how to be pros, etc.