Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

4yrs/$40M

So where does this leave Harden?

I think that depends on either how the deal is constructed or how much cap is left once Ibaka signs. From what I took from earlier talks was that OKC wouldn't have the cap to sign both players to long term deals.

Woj reporting 4/48

They won't be re-signing Harden. I firmly believe he'll be a member of another team this time next year ... at the latest. Some team like the Magic will front load a contract in Asik fashion. The bigger question is whether they trade him before the deadline to get some return. Quite interesting

EDIT: Or they'll trade Westbrook.

I may be in the minority here but I really hope we don't go after Harden. I don't think we should be committing that kind of money to borderline all-stars. And I'm saying that as a person that is a huge fan of Harden's game.

Alex Martins should be the next dude fired.

You do realize that Martins is probably the number 1 reason Orlando still has a franchise, right? How quickly people forget these kinds of things in their zest to get someone else fired.

• Upvote 1

You do realize that Martins is probably the number 1 reason Orlando still has a franchise, right? How quickly people forget these kinds of things in their zest to get someone else fired.

I want him out because it seems like he is getting involved in basketball decisions. He needs to stick to the business side and shut it. Leave the basketball decisions to the basketball guys.

Anthony Parker is an interesting hire. Makes sense considering how tied in he is with clubs abroad and him maintaining a residence in Europe. He's always been revered as a very smart person so I'm sure Hennigan and Co. liked his cerebral nature. We're building a big scouting team which I love.

I want him out because it seems like he is getting involved in basketball decisions. He needs to stick to the business side and shut it. Leave the basketball decisions to the basketball guys.

You mean you didn't want him to interfere when Otis almost traded Dwight to the Nets last season? Come on. If you can produce some kind of proof that he is interfering with what Hennigan is trying to do now, then I might be willing to give what you are saying more consideration. If you can't, then I'm not going to blame a smart business man for interfering when he see a clearly incompetent GM about to bungle a very important, franchise-altering decision. And more importantly, I am going to recognize the main point which is that a man that has been with this franchise since its birth and is almost single-handedly responsible for garnering the local support necessary to build the new arena gets at least a few free passes before I start calling for his head.....especially if the perceived mistake is connected to an emotional headcase center that now resides in LA.

48 million for Ibaka is pretty funny.

Anytime you can give the third best defender on a mediocre defensive team (who also lacks the basic coordination to score) $12 million a year, you've got to do it.

Anthony Parker is an interesting hire. Makes sense considering how tied in he is with clubs abroad and him maintaining a residence in Europe. He's always been revered as a very smart person so I'm sure Hennigan and Co. liked his cerebral nature. We're building a big scouting team which I love.

All of this and I love you.