Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Zach Lowe: Addendum to Magic/max level cap room next summer discussion: If they're under cap, that $17.8 trade exception counts against it. Bye, room

I dont like the whole "lets blow games" mentality.

If we have a squad that can blow through people, then by all means let them. I dont think it makes much sense to hope guys play below their mark just so we can get a "possible" top talent.

If these guys go out and play hard and still lose, then im good with that. But if they go out and start winning but let off because they want to play the lottery seed game, then im not okay with that and neither should anyone else who pays to watch (TV or Local).

Play like you know how and everything else will fall into place.

I was being sarcastic: I'm hoping the guys play like the heart & hustle team, I'm just trying to be realistic about their prospects.

Were it actually an issue, they could always just renounce the trade exception, but given that there's not much incentive to use max CAP space on players next year, why worry about it?

That's one thing the Cavs have gotten right. Rather than trying to blow huge amounts of CAP space on unworthy players, they've just stockpiled young players and draft picks like crazy. They're owed 2 extra firsts this year(Miami and Sacramento) and their owed 1 extra 2nd1 this year, and two next year. And they get the next available Miami first(based on the Stepien rule) as well. And they have tons of CAP space for the next several years. And they'll have even more, and likely more picks as well, if they can dump Varejao on a contender this year.

Harkless had his lil bro or something holding a Magic ball the other day too. Dude seems excited to be in ORL. What a refreshing change.

I'm seriously stoked about Nicholson/Harkless/and O'Quinn.

Dwight was excited to be here once, too. Hoping the people we pick up from here on are a bit more loyal and excited to be playing for the team, rather than just counting the days until they can go to LA or NYC...

The TPE can be split, remember. So there's no reason to limit ourselves on how it's used.

Okay, so let me get this straight.... im a little crossed.

The TPE is 17 Mil and not 7 Mil?

And we can split the TPE... is there a determination on how it can be split?

Okay, so let me get this straight.... im a little crossed.

The TPE is 17 Mil and not 7 Mil?

And we can split the TPE... is there a determination on how it can be split?

Depends on the salary of incoming players. We could split it on 8 players who make 2 million each.