Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

The problem with trading Howard to Oklahoma City is that OKC would have a big void at SG and PF.

OKC is planning to play against Miami and you cant do that without being deep at the 2,3, an 4 positions with or without Howard- Don't forget they just added 2 more shooters to spread the floor

If this trade would of happened at the start of free agency, it would have been perfect- OKC could have gone after Crawford, Terry, Allen, or Mayo to fill the SG harden role and would of been able to find a solid PF with the new roster.

Not quite. Thabo isn't a high contract player and he's a pretty good defender. He seems like the type of player OKC may want to lock down if possible. That solves your shooting gaurd problem. Not to mention if the trade for Dwight were to be done, I think they would want another shooting gaurd in return, which would prob be Reddick. As far as your PF is concerned, Dwight controls the basket on the defensive end. There isn't a player in the league that doesn't have to alter there shot against him. On the offensive end you have enough fire power that you can keep stocking up on rookies until that role is filled.

again, it's chad evans whoever that is, but i believe this guy for some reason.

Chad Evans ‏@ChadEvansNBA

Source tells me that Jacque Vaughn will indeed be the new Magic head coach.

That's ok you're the village idiot and I say that with love and respect. Every forum needs one.

Oh really? It doesn't say "Village Idiot" under my avatar. Oh wait.

Oh Oh Oh.

Aura NBA ‏@AuraNBA

Vaughn is a former asst coach for the Spurs, and won a championship ring playing for SA in 2007. Also a former player on ORL in 2002.

Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA

"@KALAKER1: Would new coach help Magic make progress on dwight trade?" No, the moves aren't related. Coach hired to grow with the franchise.

Well looks like we're going for the rebuild.

Hmm well looks like we've finally found our guy?

not ecstatic to be frank.

Greg Popavich is apparently very high on Vaughn as a coaching prospect.

Hmm well looks like we've finally found our guy?

not ecstatic to be frank.

Would you prefer a coaching retread? The truth is that most of the time we know very little about an assistant's credentials until he's hired to coach a team. Thibodeau is the only assistant in recent memory that I can think of that I knew a lot about before he actually became a coach.