Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

My guess is that this is simply to maintain flexibility until/if the Howard trade happens. As far as gentleman agreements go, this one is pretty binding. He will definitely get that contract with us.

I think some details are still being ironed out, at least from what I've heard.

We obviously have no idea what kind of head coach any of these guys would be so I can't pretend to know who would be better. But the thing I liked about both Shaw and Malone was experience. Shaw had been an assistant for 6-7 years, and Malone has been an assistant for 10-plus years. Both have been lead assistants, too. Vaughn, for example, has been an assistant for just 2 years, and he's at most the No. 3 guy in San Antonio.

Yes, we know they are rebuilding. But if it doesn't work and you have to fire the coach after a couple years, then you're starting over again because the new guy would bring his own philosophy and maybe want an entirely different group of players and system.

I worry when the Magic start thinking outside the box. It just seems like a bad idea to have an entire organization of people who have never done what they are being hired to do.

And I'm getting antsy about these "details" they are trying to work out in Jameer's contract. They've been working on contract details for 6 days?

Via Robbins

The 3 finalists for the #Orlando #Magic coaching job indeed are Michael Curry, Lindsey Hunter & Jacque Vaughn.

I really hope we actually do something at backup PG. I know we don't want to add much salary, but Duhon remains the only PG under contract behind Jameer (once he officially signs his deal). I'm sure we can find a PG out there with NBA experience for cheap that is an upgrade over Duhon.

I doubt we sign Wayns either, because if Rob was serious about bringing him in, he wouldn't have let him leave and play for the Warriors' summer league team.

I really hope we actually do something at backup PG. I know we don't want to add much salary, but Duhon remains the only PG under contract behind Jameer (once he officially signs his deal). I'm sure we can find a PG out there with NBA experience for cheap that is an upgrade over Duhon.

I doubt we sign Wayns either, because if Rob was serious about bringing him in, he wouldn't have let him leave and play for the Warriors' summer league team.

Now that I see for how much Brooks and Felton signed. I think we overpay Jameer. They both got a 3 million per year salary.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It was reported today that Rob and his staff are on their way to Las Vegas to the summer league games. Hopefully that's good news.

Now that I see for how much Brooks and Felton signed. I think we overpay Jameer. They both got a 3 million per year salary.

When will he sign? Thought it woulda happened by now.

Funny how Hennigans sticking with this 'Pistons' theme when it comes to hirings

are you saying hunter cause stupid ass rudolph was trying to hint that it was him earlier today i think. so dwight thinks/has been informed it will be hunter cause seems to be what his twtitter buddies keep hinting at.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins

Jameer Nelson has signed his new 3-year contract with the #Orlando #Magic.

waiting on the terms....