Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I would understand this trade more if we are flipping Afflalo. I just don't understand the need for him, he is 27 years old and by the time we are done rebuilding he will be in his 30's. Sure he is a player I would have loved to have when Dwight was still on the team but I fail to see how he helps a rebuild.

I guess we shall see what moves will be next.

Would of rather of had Faried to be honest

protected 2nd round picks

protected 2nd round picks were involved in a deal centered around Dwight Howard

Why not.... How many times have you heard of a team trading for a second round pick to maximize their draft, specifically the teams that dont have a pick at all.

Grab a whole bunch of draft picks and trade up. Let me guess this idea doesnt suit you....

We were never going to get equal value for Dwight Howard. And we prevented him from going to his real desire: Brooklyn.

Dwight doesnt want to be Shaq, so what makes you think he will extend and not shaft LA for Brooklyn?

I know some of you are on board with this move and I will eventually get over the idea of the Magic getting fleeced in this one, but can anyone help explain to me why we didn't take the Houston deal? Id really like some clarification there because if Houston parameters were the deal as Wojo recently reported anyone of us on this board is smart enough to take that deal over this one.

I still don't understand how we couldn't find better prospects than Vucevic and Harkless or better picks for Dwight. I'm not a happy panda at the moment. This is one of the lowest days in Magic history for me.

If you had told me a year ago that this is the return we'd get for Howard, I would have slapped you in the mouth and called you crazy. But this is the return we got for Dwight. The Magic organization did an absolutely atrocious job handling this situation over the past year. Atrocious. Shame on anyone who had a decision-making hand in this mess.

Time for me to step away from the keyboard and go fishing.

• Upvote 1

I know some of you are on board with this move and I will eventually get over the idea of the Magic getting fleeced in this one, but can anyone help explain to me why we didn't take the Houston deal? Id really like some clarification there because if Houston parameters were the deal as Wojo recently reported anyone of us on this board is smart enough to take that deal over this one.

We don't exactly know the Houston deal. It could have been worse then this one for all we know

Working under the assumption that the Houston deal, as reported, is absolutely true, then I have to grant much credibility to Catman's assertion that HWNSNBU threatened to "blacklist" the Magic and that DeVos swooped in and made the deal to appease Dwight.

Working under the assumption that the Houston deal, as reported, is absolutely true, then I have to grant much credibility to Catman's assertion that HWNSNBU threatened to "blacklist" the Magic and that DeVos swooped in and made the deal to appease Dwight.

please close this thread, its time to move on

Honestly.... Its because rumors are hard to factualize. I mean you can go back and look at when the Houston trade talks were hot and heavy. The information around players and picks changed so frequently it was hard to keep up.... will they take Richardson.... will they take Duhon.... how about both... and it continued with no real results.

I would have to think that since nothing came of it, some of the pieces which were mentioned were never available.

Without really hearing it from both the Houston GM and Magic GM on why it didnt happen, no one will ever really know. Therefor all we can do is go off speculation from sources who follow all sports and not just basketball.

I think some people don't understand is that this deal is to start the rebuild. Getting back piggy or bynum puts us as a mediocore team that contends for an 8th or 7th seed. With this deal we get 2 nice pieces in afflalo and vuvecic....well a nice and a decent piece.....plus have our own lottery picks in the next two years that can be paired with other picks to move up. We now also have cap room because aren't hedo and al partially guaranteed?

Wow I didn't see that post. That honestly does clear it up for me somewhat.