Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

i agree with number 1.

i think it goes without saying multiple suitors helps our cause.

i think our main goal needs to be getting prospects like some of the guys houston have accumulated and getting picks. while those guys learn and we tank and get higher picks of our own. our "TOXIC" contracts will take care of themselves in addition to stank it up.

"dumping" and "getting rid of toxic contracts" doesn't really matter anymore if we're going to tank rebuild. jrich is really the only guy we "need" to "dump" with dwight. only idiot reporters continue to say things like "magic want to dump toxic contracts blah blah." granted i wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of hedo duhon jrich all at the same time or whatever, but we seem to be having a hard enough time convincing people to give up some good rooks and picks for dwight let alone "DUMPING ALL OUR TOXIC CONTRACTS" as well.

i think you use like duhon as negotiation. in some package discussion

houston's like we'll give you jones,

we're like no we want lamb,

they're like we really want to give you jones only,

we're like we'll take jones but you take duhon also,

they'll be like ok you can have lamb. :shard:

i agree with number 1.

i think it goes without saying multiple suitors helps our cause.

i think our main goal needs to be getting prospects like some of the guys houston have accumulated and getting picks. while those guys learn and we tank and get higher picks of our own. our "TOXIC" contracts will take care of themselves in addition to stank it up.

"dumping" and "getting rid of toxic contracts" doesn't really matter anymore if we're going to tank rebuild. jrich is really the only guy we "need" to "dump" with dwight. only idiot reporters continue to say things like "magic want to dump toxic contracts blah blah." granted i wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of hedo duhon jrich all at the same time or whatever, but we seem to be having a hard enough time convincing people to give up some good rooks and picks for dwight let alone "DUMPING ALL OUR TOXIC CONTRACTS" as well.

i think you use like duhon as negotiation. in some package discussion

houston's like we'll give you jones,

we're like no we want lamb,

they're like we really want to give you jones only,

we're like we'll take jones but you take duhon also,

they'll be like ok you can have lamb. :shard:

YUUUPP... nailz...

thats exactly how its going... and thats why i take it one step further...

cavs having expring of luke and gibson that is equal to the kevin martin expring....

so then it goes... magic say... ok houston... the cavs are willing to give us waiters would you give us the raptor's pick and something else?

then houston says ok we'll give you the raptor's pick and lamb...

now magic go back to cavs and saying well they're giving us the lotto pick (equal to waiters) AND lamb...

so the cavs say... ok we'll give you waiters, and thompson PLUS we'll take a bad contract...

and thats how i feel the magic end up getting everything they want... its the law of supply and demand and once the rockets and cavs start bidding... someone is going to over pay...

nobody's going to overpay us for dwight howard.

walton and gibson is not even close to equal to a kevin martin expiring.

kmart is still pretty good. i'm sure playoff teams/contenders might be very interested in him at the deadline.

walton and gibson...not so much.

you're starting too low. houston's deal would already include the toronto pick and most likely the dallas pick. they have to include kmart to make $ work. then it's what else do they include.

i figure the starting point of houston talking is BARE MIN toronto pick and kmart. very likely to include dallas pick. realistically to start with one prospect which houston will probably offer up their shitty ones like patrick patterson or morris. for dwight/jrich...then it's hennys job to get their top prospects and more of them, make them take duhon etc.

• Upvote 1

OH,to only be a fly on Henny's wall to hear whats actually going to go down with this Dwight nonsense...The crickets are killing me..

Step it up Houston and take us out of our misery.

nobody's going to overpay us for dwight howard.

walton and gibson is not even close to equal to a kevin martin expiring.

kmart is still pretty good. i'm sure playoff teams/contenders might be very interested in him at the deadline.

walton and gibson...not so much.

you're starting too low. houston's deal would already include the toronto pick and most likely the dallas pick. they have to include kmart to make $ work. then it's what else do they include.

i figure the starting point of houston talking is BARE MIN toronto pick and kmart. very likely to include dallas pick. realistically to start with one prospect which houston will probably offer up their shitty ones like patrick patterson or morris. for dwight/jrich...then it's hennys job to get their top prospects and more of them, make them take duhon etc.

The Magic have to make them overpay. The Rockets won't have another chance at a player of Dwight's caliber. Sure they will have cap room, but a chance at a player like Dwight does not come around often. Right now they're one of two teams that are serious contenders for Dwight. This summer, they'll hardly be a factor. They have the opportunity now, and if they are too cheap in their offers for the best big man in the game, then they could find themselves out of contention for both Dwight and Bynum. IMO, they need to make sure they trade for one... they need to be made to give what they can. Three 1st rd picks, Lamb, Parsons is more than fair. If I'm Hennigan, I don't settle for much less. Maybe two 1st round, Lamb, Parsons if anything.

OH,to only be a fly on Henny's wall to hear whats actually going to go down with this Dwight nonsense...The crickets are killing me..

Step it up Houston and take us out of our misery.

I don't think Rob Hennigan is serious about trading Dwight right now.

IMO, a deal should have been done already.

• Upvote 1

and we have a winner

Maybe. Or maybe other teams haven't gotten serious about trading FOR Howard. Hennigan likely isn't going to take some (what he considers) crappy offer just because ESPN, fans, or anyone else thinks he needed to be traded a month ago.

Btw. YaBoy, you responded to Chuck as if you knew something about it. Are you just agreeing or is there something I missed?

Or we're just waiting for Houston to be able to trade their rookies since they've all signed contracts. Also, the more time we wait the more leverage we have, not the other way around as ESPN and other idiots will try to tell you.

and we have a winner

Come on man, you have no way of knowing that. You may speak to Dwight but that doesn't make you privy to Hennigan's trade discussions.