Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

link?

Link for a rumor? Do you want me to create a tweeter account and post it there. I heard from someone i know who told me yesterday. Of course I did not believe at first. However, i heard the guys from 740 the game talking about it too. I didnt ask for details.

I still think is BS. Besides, I dont like the memphis package.

I think Memphis is set in at the center position. They are interested in Pau though.

I could see a Pau for Gay trade though.

I certainly like the idea of a MEM trade more than LA, but not as much as HOU. I mean, we'd obviously be better for a few more years (depending on the package) but would it make us contenders? None of their players made them legit contenders. Whether it's by virtue of letting Dwight walk or a Houston-like trade, I think the best course of action is to tank and start from scratch. I just don't see any other trades making us good enough to get out of the 2nd round.

Okay, as much as I hate the Lakers and the Laker fans, Bynum would be pretty devastating here in the East and as the primary go-to guy (with the obvious caveat: IF HIS KNEES HOLD OUT).

Then again, we'd have to stomach trading Dwight to the Lakers, and the trade would likely be something like 1:1 as opposed to dumping bad contracts. And Bynum could still walk at the end of the year, and likely would. So we'd be stuck with bad contracts and no center.

Huh....guess it's not such a good trade.

I think Memphis is set in at the center position. They are interested in Pau though.

I could see a Pau for Gay trade though.

Well if it is a 3 way deal with the lakers, then I might be interested. Ebanks, wroten, rudy and bynum will work. :)

Link for a rumor? Do you want me to create a tweeter account and post it there. I heard from someone i know who told me yesterday. Of course I did not believe at first. However, i heard the guys from 740 the game talking about it too. I didnt ask for details.

Nah, that's fair. Just curious where you heard it.

Nah, that's fair. Just curious where you heard it.

A collegue who treats someone in the organization but no one high enough. Ex player...Or should I say...a source?

I honestly think the nail in the coffin was giving in to reshard and signing him to that extra 6th year. dont know if otis was responsible for this or not but that lead to all of those other moves. if he would've just signed for 5, we'd have him and dwight off the books this summer and even if otis had added another turrible contract, we could've amestied that one instead. probably wouldn't have led to the desperate pho trade either.

Yeah, I thought about it after I logged off and was too lazy to add it. Rashard being overpaid by about 50 mil might be 2nd or 3rd on the list of dumbest Otis moves ever.

Okay, as much as I hate the Lakers and the Laker fans, Bynum would be pretty devastating here in the East and as the primary go-to guy (with the obvious caveat: IF HIS KNEES HOLD OUT).

Then again, we'd have to stomach trading Dwight to the Lakers, and the trade would likely be something like 1:1 as opposed to dumping bad contracts. And Bynum could still walk at the end of the year, and likely would. So we'd be stuck with bad contracts and no center.

My concerns about Bynum (other than his knees) are that we'd see a considerable drop-off defensively (compared to Dwight), he doesn't seem to hustle at all, and we still wouldn't have a perimeter answer for MIA. The only chance we had against great wing players was D12 protecting the rim, which Bynum isn't nearly as good at. Also, I'd puke if the Lakers won another title.

At this stage, I take it. I dont care if he leaves after 1 year. I doubt though. He will take the most money considering his health issues.

At this stage, I take it. I dont care if he leaves after 1 year. I doubt though. He will take the most money considering his health issues.