Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Lilpenny, on 22 July 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

As much as i would love to have any combinations of Lamb,Parsons, and Motiejunas if have a feeling we'll only get 1 of those 3 plus KMart,Patterson,Jones/Morris, and both those 1st round picks from tor and dal then they also take a couple of bad contracts probably Davis and Duhon.

I'd be okay with that. I would prefer getting 2 of those three players (lamb,parsons,motiejunas) but i'm trying to be more realistic since they're absorbing bad contracts as well. And lets not forget that this is also a huge gamble for them.

I just want to get a deal done soon. A fair one. Then we could move on and get a clearer picture of the start of our future.

That is the most fair for both teams. It doesn't completely gut us so that we will have some nice pieces to put around Howard/Lin for the season. And if Dwight bolts, at least they didn't give up all their young studs. More importantly, we don't help out the Lakers!

That is the most fair for both teams. It doesn't completely gut us so that we will have some nice pieces to put around Howard/Lin for the season. And if Dwight bolts, at least they didn't give up all their young studs. More importantly, we don't help out the Lakers!

i don't agree with this. when considering our "bad contracts" houston fans need to realize that jrich has value, bbd has some value. you may argue that they are slightly over paid or that jrich is old, but they are not "bad contracts" like hedo is a bad contract compared to what you pay and what you get out of them. duhon is a bad contract in this sense, but he is cheap, it is just he is absolutely useless. the fact that he is waivable for only 1.5mm next season makes his contract not so bad to take on, especially if you can burry him on the bench.

imo, any team taking on our "garbage" and they're only talking about jrich and duhon, that is not that much "garbage". i see other teams fans all the time act like jrich or bbd wouldn't see the court or soemthing. a year ago when this dwightmare started, there was more "garbage" when you include hedo in that mess, but i feel really confident hedo is staying if dwight goes. so taking jrich for 6/6/6 and duhon for 3/1.5 is not that much "garbage" to take on for dwight. back in the day the garbage was taking on hedo/duhon. that is a different garbage pie for different money than jrich and duhon.

so if all hosuton takes back is htose 2 which is honestly all i think we need to focus on getting rid off for a rebuild, i think that's a "garbage" dodging steal. the reason the lakers are "willing" to take jrich in a dwight trade is because he's not totally useless. and i think lin/dwight/jrich wouldn't be bad at all when you keep parsons/patterson/jones/white etc.

i think that deal the clutch troll posted a few days ago is actually really reasonable and fair. I like the trade to be centered around d-mo for us. kmart, d-mo plus choice of lamb/parsons +plus toronto pick for dwight/jrich is the basis of fair imo, wigginling details like getting the dallas pick or squeezing in one more rookie or offloading duhon as well are probably just negotiation details/stubbornness.

i hope this is what the deal ends up being like. the houston homerism for dmo is high it seems, yet he hasn't played a single game in the nba. the deal immediately turns us into lottery team and immediately turns houston into playoff team, and the power shift has nothing to do with d-mo

Realistic Trades

Houston Receives- JRich,Duhon,D12,Davis

Orlando Receives- KMart, Lamb,Morris,Patterson, Picks

PG. NELSON,REDICK(With Turk as 2nd unit we wouldn't need a true point guard), WAYNS(Kevin Anderson,Ish Smith)

SG MARTIN,LAMB,LIGGINS

SF. CLARK,TURKOGLU,HARPER

PF. NICHOLSON,MORRIS

C. PATTERSON,AYON,O'QUIN

or

Houston Receives: Duhon,JRich,D12

Orlando Receives: KMart, Lamb, Jones/White, Picks

PG. NELSON,REDICK,WAYNS(Kevin Anderson,Ish Smith)

SG. MARTIN,LAMB,LIGGINS

PF. NICHOLSON,JONES

C. DAVIS, AYON, O'QUIN

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i don't agree with this. when considering our "bad contracts" houston fans need to realize that jrich has value, bbd has some value. you may argue that they are slightly over paid or that jrich is old, buet they are not "bad contracts" like hedo is a bad contract compared to what you pay and what you get out of them. duhon is a bad contract in this sense, but he is cheap, it is just he is absolutely useless. the fact that he is waivable for only 1.5mm next season makes his contract not so bad to take on, especially if you can burry him on the bench.

imo, any team taking on our "garbage" and they're only talking about jrich and duhon, that is not that much "garbage". i see other teams fans all the time act like jrich or bbd wouldn't see the court or soemthing. a year ago when this dwightmare started, there was more "garbage" when you include hedo in that mess, but i feel really confident hedo is staying if dwight goes. so taking jrich for 6/6/6 and duhon for 3/1.5 is not that much "garbage" to take on for dwight. back in the day the garbage was taking on hedo/duhon. that is a different garbage pie for different money than jrich and duhon.

so if all hosuton takes back is htose 2 which is honestly all i think we need to focus on getting rid off for a rebuild, i think that's a "garbage" dodging steal. the reason the lakers are "willing" to take jrich in a dwight trade is because he's not totally useless. and i think lin/dwight/jrich wouldn't be bad at all when you keep parsons/patterson/jones/white etc.

i think that deal the clutch troll posted a few days ago is actually really reasonable and fair. I like the trade to be centered around d-mo for us. kmart, d-mo plus choice of lamb/parsons +plus toronto pick for dwight/jrich is the basis of fair imo, wigginling details like getting the dallas pick or squeezing in one more rookie or offloading duhon as well are probably just negotiation details/stubbornness.

i hope this is what the deal ends up being like. the houston homerism for dmo is high it seems, yet he hasn't played a single game in the nba. the deal immediately turns us into lottery team and immediately turns houston into playoff team, and the power shift has nothing to do with d-mo

I agree with this. The only player on the roster that's terrible is Duhon and as long as Lin stays healthy, that's not a problem. Our problem was that Jameer kept getting hurt and Duhon got to actually play.

As for the others, JRich is still a good player. He rebounds well for a guard. His problem is that his freakish athleticisim is gone and he can't score like he used to. He needs to have his minutes cut to about 20 a game, but SVG was pretty stubborn in playing a 6 man rotation that just wore the old-timers out.

I could see JRich having a huge resurgence if used right.

i don't agree with this. when considering our "bad contracts" houston fans need to realize that jrich has value, bbd has some value. you may argue that they are slightly over paid or that jrich is old, buet they are not "bad contracts" like hedo is a bad contract compared to what you pay and what you get out of them. duhon is a bad contract in this sense, but he is cheap, it is just he is absolutely useless. the fact that he is waivable for only 1.5mm next season makes his contract not so bad to take on, especially if you can burry him on the bench.

I agree with this. The only player on the roster that's terrible is Duhon and as long as Lin stays healthy, that's not a problem. Our problem was that Jameer kept getting hurt and Duhon got to actually play.

As for the others, JRich is still a good player. He rebounds well for a guard. His problem is that his freakish athleticisim is gone and he can't score like he used to. He needs to have his minutes cut to about 20 a game, but SVG was pretty stubborn in playing a 6 man rotation that just wore the old-timers out.

I could see JRich having a huge resurgence if used right.

Realistic Trades

Houston Receives- JRich,Duhon,D12,Davis

Orlando Receives- KMart, Lamb,Morris,Patterson, Picks

PG. NELSON,REDICK(With Turk as 2nd unit we wouldn't need a true point guard), WAYNS(Kevin Anderson,Ish Smith)

SG MARTIN,LAMB,LIGGINS

PF. NICHOLSON,MORRIS

C. PATTERSON,AYON,O'QUIN

or

Houston Receives: Duhon,JRich,D12

Orlando Receives: KMart, Lamb, Jones/White, Picks

PG. NELSON,REDICK,WAYNS(Kevin Anderson,Ish Smith)

SG. MARTIN,LAMB,LIGGINS

PF. NICHOLSON,JONES

C. DAVIS, AYON, O'QUIN

Reddick at point guard ?

:svgsad: :svgsad: :svgsad:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2