Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I may be in a minority here but from what I've been hearing about what Good Job Rob wants for our Team Andy V might be exactly what he wants. The dude hustles all game and plays good D. He is a top 10 on a decent contract and packaged with a bunch of picks, rookies, and getting rid of Hedo, Duhon, and the Riches we could be in pretty decent shape to build with. 10.8 and 11.5 last year is not terrible and 67.2 from the line will be refreshing. Combined with Baby that is a pretty good defensive middle.

I would ALMOST rather have him than Bynum and If Rob sees him as the way to go I'm onboard.

AV's agent: Dan HWNSNBU

let me tell you who is NOT coming to Orlando.

• Upvote 1

AV's agent: Dan HWNSNBU

let me tell you who is NOT coming to Orlando.

Furthermore, I would insist, as a fan, that if AV came anywhere near a Magic jersey, he'd have to shave his head first. Bad enough having to watch that mass of awfulness bobbing and flopping around the court four times a season; no way could I stomach 82 games of it.

Cleveland makes no sense whatsoever. They really have little to offer in terms of young players and their picks if they get Bynum would not be so great. The Kings pick is lotto protected so they will get that back and the Heat's will either be 29 or 30 so I just don't see how they fit.

I think its going to be either LA with Bynum or Houston.

And now with the reports of Dwight willing to sign an extension with LA, I think that is all we will offer for a year of Dwight.

I don't see how this really affects Houston. They were willing to trade for him back when he was only going to sign with Brooklyn. How is this different?

I don't see how this really affects Houston. They were willing to trade for him back when he was only going to sign with Brooklyn. How is this different?

It doesn't.

Oh god no, if henny trades D12 to Lakers he will already be worse than Otis. Bynum sucks...we need cap relief, picks, and rookies. Houston can offer all of that.

This makes no sense. You have two logical choices to make with Dwight, trade him or let him walk.

Looking back on our history dealing with these type of "Individualist" we already let one Top 3 Center walk to LA for absolutely nothing. During that time Orlando was blasted by every sports mouth in the world, saying how dumb are we to let a guy walk for nothing.

Conclusion: Let Shaq walk, Get Torched Forever.

Now being traded to the Lakers isnt as bad as that sounds. Lets all face the fact that Dwight will come and go with no real replacement. Bynum is the second best as of right now to Dwight. Having a Top 5 Center, in this league doesnt come along very often if at all..... the Majority of the NBA teams now dont have a quality center.

Dwight being traded to the opposite side of the country, works for me as it should work for everyone else. We wont have to see him but once in a while and Dwight will have to deal with the real pressure of winning in front of real divas. Which mentally he doesnt have it in him, just look how he is dealing with Orlando.

Do we need cap relief?.... Nope.... Because we are rebuilding. We are not on the cusp of saying we are missing one guy for our championship run, we are on the opposite side..... We need a team of guys. Going for max cap relief now isnt going to help.

Which brings me to the other point of picks and rookies. First of all the drafting system of the NBA is "FLAWED"..... the Lottery system is a "SCAM". I look at most sports who have a different idea of drafting, the worst team gets the number one pick and all out ties goes to a coin flip. Everyone wants the Magic to pick high so that we can grab the next mega star, but there are no guarantees what so ever with a lottery system. Why go after "Potential Players" when you can have NBA proven ones?

On most championship teams they usually have a good mix of, Rookies, Vets, and Ring Chasers.... If your team is full of rookies you wont have the experience to get to the finals. If your team is full of Vets, you wont have the energy to get to the finals. And if your team is full of ring chasers, you probably wont get past the first round.

I dont think its possible for Henny to be worst than Otis or Billy King for that matter. Otis had a Top 5 player on his team and screwed it all up. Billy King had the same thing in AI and screwed that all up. Right now Henney has nothing, no top player..... because the Otis Minute Man wants to leave.

anyone read this??

My link

Brian Schmitz is out of his mind. Why would we prefer to have a so so team each year rather than a few bad ones rebuilding and then actually compete for a championship?? This is the type of thinking that scares me and makes me think that we are just going to try to patch it up and keep chugging along with all our bad contracts and sorry players. We tried the "winning now" approach. Look where it got us.

Brian Schmitz is dumb.

Yes. Yes he is. I've been tweeting him this morning in reply to his tweets stating magic fans that want a re-build aren't paying $75 a seat. MORON. We get Bynum for one year and still get a freaking 15+ pick.

Brian Schmitz is dumb.

Apparently, this is what we deserve.

Magic fans deserve the best team the Magic can put on the floor now — Andrew Bynum, Jameer Nelson, J-Rich, Big Baby and Hedo Turkoglu (or a yet unsigned free agent).

Cleveland makes no sense whatsoever. They really have little to offer in terms of young players and their picks if they get Bynum would not be so great. The Kings pick is lotto protected so they will get that back and the Heat's will either be 29 or 30 so I just don't see how they fit.

I think its going to be either LA with Bynum or Houston.

You're right, there's only one player that would make sense with Celevand, and that's Kyrie Irving who is untouchable.

Furthermore, I would insist, as a fan, that if AV came anywhere near a Magic jersey, he'd have to shave his head first. Bad enough having to watch that mass of awfulness bobbing and flopping around the court four times a season; no way could I stomach 82 games of it.

Sideshow-Bob.gif