Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Am sure Dwight will either end up with LA by a three team deal with LA/HOU/ORL, or LA/ORL.

Houston will not be giving up everything to land D-12 just for a one year rental without a commitment to sign a deal once he is a free agent.

It seems the Magic are losing leverage everyday that passes by. This will probably not get resolved until probably Monday, and as for Osik the Houston have already presented to the Magic what there offers are going to be possibly if Osik comes to Houston, or if Chicago decides to sign.

how do you know Houston is giving up everything?

d12 would have been dealt already if that was the case...

Houston's current offer is probably not the good I tell you

• Upvote 1

Didn't he get a fat bonus from Adidas for making the playoffs?

SI.com had an article up the other day that showed the 50 highest paid athletes, and Dwight dropped from 10 to 14. His earnings were estimated at $14.5M in salary and $11M in endorsements. The 3 NBA players ahead of him were Kobe (#4 at $48M), LeBron (#5 at $46M), and Durant (#11 at $26M). Rose will pass him when his extension kicks in.

But that's the beauty... I completely agree with Acres... but we wouldn't have over 1200 pages to read if everyone else agreed. Sit back and watch the insanity.

Too often I worry that by reading this much insanity I may end up absorbing some of it myself!

SI.com had an article up the other day that showed the 50 highest paid athletes, and Dwight dropped from 10 to 14. His earnings were estimated at $14.5M in salary and $11M in endorsements. The 3 NBA players ahead of him were Kobe (#4 at $48M), LeBron (#5 at $46M), and Durant (#11 at $26M). Rose will pass him when his extension kicks in.

Dwight only made $25.5 Million last year? What a slacker...

how do you know Houston is giving up everything?

d12 would have been dealt already if that was the case...

Houston's current offer is probably not the good I tell you

Have you read the new CBA? There's a reason why no trade has gone through.

Last night I took a serious look at the new CBA agreement for the first time. Wow! If you haven't done it yet, make a point of doing so. There have been many people very upset about newbies or even experienced fans not knowing whether a trade could go through or not. After reading the document, I cannot understand their impatience. I am a lawyer by trade, with 20 years experience in contract negotiation. The complexity of the CBA is something that really surprises me. Mere mortals can understand it, but in a document this complex there are a lot of traps that can catch even the trained eye.

It is almost impossible to comprehend how complex this agreement is. Before a trade like the Dwight for Bynum trade could possibly go through, there are so many things that have to be considered. It's mind blowing! The lawyers must be very busy right now, making sure that if a trade does go through, all the T's are crossed and I's dotted.

When there are multiple players from multiple teams involved in the trade, and in this case, there may be as many as 5 or 6 players from as many as 3 or 4 teams, the number of combinations of issues that can crop up is amazing! So it does not surprise me that it has taken a couple of weeks to work through the possible scenarios, and get them through all of the filters, so that we are still in a place where this may happen. A lot of stars must be aligned properly to satisfy all of the requirements for each player and each team. We will find out how good the Lakers legal team is, if this goes through!

Last night I took a serious look at the new CBA agreement for the first time. Wow! If you haven't done it yet, make a point of doing so. There have been many people very upset about newbies or even experienced fans not knowing whether a trade could go through or not. After reading the document, I cannot understand their impatience. I am a lawyer by trade, with 20 years experience in contract negotiation. The complexity of the CBA is something that really surprises me. Mere mortals can understand it, but in a document this complex there are a lot of traps that can catch even the trained eye.

It is almost impossible to comprehend how complex this agreement is. Before a trade like the Dwight for Bynum trade could possibly go through, there are so many things that have to be considered. It's mind blowing! The lawyers must be very busy right now, making sure that if a trade does go through, all the T's are crossed and I's dotted.

When there are multiple players from multiple teams involved in the trade, and in this case, there may be as many as 5 or 6 players from as many as 3 or 4 teams, the number of combinations of issues that can crop up is amazing! So it does not surprise me that it has taken a couple of weeks to work through the possible scenarios, and get them through all of the filters, so that we are still in a place where this may happen. A lot of stars must be aligned properly to satisfy all of the requirements for each player and each team. We will find out how good the Lakers legal team is, if this goes through!

care to mention a few of the line items that caught your attention?

I also think that part of Dwight's decision to stay at the trade deadline is that he didn't want to miss the playoffs. He knew that even with him there, the Nets weren't going to make the playoffs that late in the season, and he wanted to have one last playoff run with the Magic.

Didn't he get a fat bonus from Adidas for making the playoffs?

See, this is the one aspect of this that I don't want to ponder too much for fear of getting angry. If he actually tried to block a trade to the Nets - a trade he requested - because he wanted to stay here for a playoff run in order to cash in a SHOE CONTRACT BONUS, well then, I think the whole system needs to be blown up.

See, this is the one aspect of this that I don't want to ponder too much for fear of getting angry. If he actually tried to block a trade to the Nets - a trade he requested - because he wanted to stay here for a playoff run in order to cash in a SHOE CONTRACT BONUS, well then, I think the whole system needs to be blown up.

do we have confirmation that he was going to be sent to the NETS last trade deadline?

Didn't Bill Burr have a joke that went something like that?(or a dude asked him if he wanted a cookie, but he didn't want to say yes because he was a grown man).

lol, You know, I think he did have a routine along those lines. He was talking about there are a lot of enjoyable things in life that he would love to do but felt like he couldn't because his friends may call him gay. I believe another example was buying a pumpkin for Halloween.

An "insider" on Houston Rockets message board Clutchfans just got a text from Morey saying Bulls will Not match Asik offer sheet. Has some info regarding the Magic as well FWIW.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=223668

Here's some juicy tidbits

Got a text from Morey that the Bulls told him today they will not match.

Just thought I'd let the board know.

Flame me, do whatever... I don't care... Just thought I would help my passing it on.

Dave knows I am credible. Ask him.

Also said this won't affect Dwight at all.

Anytime... I am going to give you more as I can.

I know LA is the front runner for Dwight. Was seen at a Dodgers game last night and is opening up to LA.

Hennigen told me (OKC GM) that he is looking to rebuild. Doesn't want Bynums contract or anyones at all. Rebuild the way OKC did. Picks and picks... He doesnt want to be good in year 1, 2, or even 3. Just get pieces each and every year.

Jordan Hill hasn't signed with the Lakers neither has Ebanks. Both told they could be in S&T. Orlando likes both.

They want YOUNG, CHEAP prospects they can grow.

Sorry for the misspelling. Ebanks' qualifying offer I believe is less than 2 mil. He is young and talented. Hill is drawing interest. It is an OPTION that they take one of the two, if not both.

Ebanks has already agreed to sign the QO. Also, he was scheduled to be on the Lakers summer league team. He went back to LA because of "knee soreness".

NO NO! Not saying they want these guys in a direct trade! But possibly in a three way a piece or so will have to leave from LA!

Bynum I believe makes 4 million less than Howard, so somehow they have to get the salaries out and in make sense.

ORL loves the pieces the Rockets have. In love with Lamb.

Houston likes Bynum a lot... He listed Houston as one of the teams he would extend with. Houston is down with him.

Someone told me by Friday... But who knows... I don't believe anything at this point. But I was told BY Friday...

Don't put much into it.

LA Times reported that LA would take back Jason Richardson but NOT Hedo.

I am guessing Hedo to Houston (possibly).

Steve Blake was told he might be traded as well to Orlando, so I am thinking Duhon to LA as wel.

These are educated guesses, not confirmed or told. Just an educated guess on what I have been told. (trying to put pieces together)

Well if you are Morey you have to think. Do I get Dwight and give everything up to get him and risk having him walk? Or do I get Bynum and know he will be here for 4 more years?

It's all a game of risk...

no I have not, just pointing out that, if Houston was really giving up everything, one that would blow up Magic's mind... the Magic would have agreed to an agreement already without doing the actual trade... and I am talking about a trade b/w Hou to ORL only.... I really don't buy into its the CBA thing that's holding them up... its more like Houston's offer ins't good enough... Rob said it himself the best... he hasn't seen a trade that fits our needs yet to pull the trigger...