Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Mmm. The superstar you are trying to trade only wants to extend with the one team that has nothing good to offer. And even when the team said superstar wants to play for now has moved on, said superstar continues to say he will only extend with the same team that has moved on. So, naturally, teams like the Lakers and Houston make trading for said superstar a lot easier right?

I mean, c'mon. Cut Henny some slack. He's done well given this awful situation he's been given.

Well said. Saved me some keystrokes. +1

Mmm. The superstar you are trying to trade only wants to extend with the one team that has nothing good to offer. And even when the team said superstar wants to play for now has moved on, said superstar continues to say he will only extend with the same team that has moved on. So, naturally, teams like the Lakers and Houston make trading for said superstar a lot easier right?

I mean, c'mon. Cut Henny some slack. He's done well given this awful situation he's been given.

Who said anything about easy? You got a team that's been calling since before the draft. If a deal doesn't get done its wrong to wonder if Henny lacks experience in trade negotiations?

My original post wasn't stated to be factual. Just an idea.

• Downvote 1

Who said anything about easy? You got a team that's been calling since before the draft. If a deal doesn't get done its wrong to wonder if Henny lacks experience in trade negotiations?

My original post wasn't stated to be factual. Just an idea.

So you want Rob to pull an Otis Smith? Gotcha!

• Upvote 1

If you don't know anything...at all...then how can you question why a deal hasn't been agreed upon. ****, maybe there is a deal on the table both sides have agreed to and they're just waiting on this Asik situation just to make sure everything is kosher...

For all we know.

Man...The lack of reading is profound. I said if it drags on. I did not state my original post in present time.

• Downvote 3

Asik and Lin on the books for only $10M total next year won't do much to stop us trading Dwight to them. Amnestying Scola saved more than those contracts will count for next year.

So you want Rob to pull an Otis Smith? Gotcha!

What exactly is a Otis Smith and where exactly am I'm implying I want Henny to be anything like him?

I just had an thought. Try it sometime.

• Downvote 4

Man...The lack of reading is profound. I said if it drags on. I did not state my original post in present time.

Okay...and? You still questioned Rob's ability to get a deal done based off of nothing at all.

Asik and Lin on the books for only $10M total next year won't do much to stop us trading Dwight to them. Amnestying Scola saved more than those contracts will count for next year.

False, they only would count for 5,5,15 if their teams match. For cap purposes, Lin (and Asik if CHI declines) counts for 8.3 all 3 years for Houston. So Lin + Asik would be 16.6 towards the cap. I think Chicago matches though.

What exactly is a Otis Smith and where exactly am I'm implying I want Henny to be anything like him?

I just had an thought. Try it sometime.

You seem to want a deal to be done just for the sake of getting a deal done. Get it now?