Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

You need to accept that I know way more about the cba than you do.

I'm not trying to compare cap knowledge penis size with you. You drop in a thread with some vague definitive toned statement that is contrary to all the rumors and reports going on (even coon himself spoke about a trade along thse lines on the radio yesterday). rather than explaining yourself up front, you wait for people to inquire and drag out an explanation painfully. I have google. I took a look around to see if I could figure out what you were referring to and it looked like there is some wiggle room around what you were saying would so definitively restrict a trade like the one rumored. please re-read my posts and imagine a tone of respectful dialogue including questions rather than a doubtful tone challenging your almighty cba knowledge.

• Upvote 4

I'm not trying to compare cap knowledge penis size with you. You drop in a thread with some vague definitive toned statement that is contrary to all the rumors and reports going on (even coon himself spoke about a trade along thse lines on the radio yesterday). rather than explaining yourself up front, you wait for people to inquire and drag out an explanation painfully. I have google. I took a look around to see if I could figure out what you were referring to and it looked like there is some wiggle room around what you were saying would so definitively restrict a trade like the one rumored. please re-read my posts and imagine a tone of respectful dialogue including questions rather than a doubtful tone challenging your almighty cba knowledge.

yeah! suck on that DOM

Current Salary Cap Projection = roughly 60m

Brooklyn Nets current CAP holds = $64,498,260

Anything else?

DOM, Can Brooklyn do this Dwight trade then renig on the Atlanta deal?

edit: just looking at sham, about 13MM of those holds are the garbage S&T throw in players for either the proposed dwight trade or the JJ trade. wouldn't they technically be able to renounce those holds, then be under the cap, and then do the deals assuming the byc restriction doesn't apply to a S&T that will result in you being over the cap, but applies only if you are currently over the cap and go to do a S&T at that point?

I answered this before I saw your edit, but you should know that any restriction on trades based on whether a team is over the CAP or under it is based on what their CAP situation is AFTER the trade, not before.

Also, it's worth noting that the JJ trade and potential Dwight trade cannot happen simultaneously. If they renounce players' CAP holds to get under the CAP and then make a trade that takes them over the CAP, the most they can then offer the renounced players is whatever available exceptions they have(which is the minimum player exception and basically nothing else).

can we just make picket signs and flyers saying "NO to Brook Lopez" all over the Amway Center area?

Oh wait it won't work. NVM :svgsad:

• Downvote 2

Except that they can't renounce them and then offer them a contract in an S&T that puts them over the CAP, since that requires the Bird Rights they'd be renouncing, and given the already agreed upon contracts, they can't renounce Wallace or Williams anyway. They can't renounce Humphries because they wouldn't be able to offer him enough after renouncing him to get the trade to work. Same with Lopez.

And if the plan is to give the combination of Williams, James, Gaines and Johnson anything more than about 10m combined(which again: they have to do in order to make salaries match on the proposed trade), they can renounce, AT MOST, like 2 of them. So lets assume they dump the two with the biggest CAP holds and everyone else they feasibly could renounce.

The most they could knock off their CAP holds is around 9 million. That's less than their existing salary, which is combined with their CAP holds to create their current salary picture.

So even if they do what you just suggested, they're STILL over the CAP, and that's before you factor in the salary penalty for unused roster slots.

You need to accept that I know way more about the cba than you do.

Dude u need to get laid. You dont need to talk down to every1 everytime u post. Yea it sounds like u no what ur talking about but y be a meany bout it, chill bro- We all r friendlys, thx

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The fact that you would actually write that sentence, proves you were.

Sorry if this is one of those q's that annoy, but I am curious on this.

I know NOTHING about the CBA so I couldn't even try to argue against you..haha.. But isn't Hollinger over at ESPN a cap guy? He is usually pretty good at writing something. I'd just think he would be all over this "rumored" trade.

I'm not going to compare my knowledge of the CBA to yours, but I had this conversation with a buddy of mine who does have comparable knowledge (also from New York) who basically said this deal isn't even possible and he put it "Stern is going to stand up, waive the CBA in everyone's face, and say 'am I the only one who knows how this works?'"

Guys, please relax. This trade has about as big a chance of happening as LeBron for Dwight.

So you're saying there's a chance!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the cap info DOM!

Andrew Jones ‏@micromonkeyz

@johnhollinger why would magic trade anderson at $9M but covet lopez at $12M? Lopez even softer and worse rebounder?

Retweeted by John Hollinger

First off we could not possibly in our right minds sign Anderson to the $ he got and I think Good Job Rob did well getting us something out of it!

2nd- have we heard anywhere from the Magic management that they covet Lopez, or is it just writers with an agenda trying to rush us into a bad deal before the deadline so Dwight/Nets get their way? I read a report not long ago that said the Magic were in no hurry to trade Dwight?

I'd rather gift Dwight to a team than take back a bad package... how about Dwight to the desert for Gortat and a big TPE?

Dude u need to get laid. You dont need to talk down to every1 everytime u post. Yea it sounds like u no what ur talking about but y be a meany bout it, chill bro- We all r friendlys, thx

Be Quiet!

• Downvote 1