Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

He averaged 20ppg once, and it was on below average efficiency for his position.

That's hardly effortless.

Come on man his second season averaged 18.8 and last year 19.2. Pretty close. Dwight didn't average over 18 unitl his fourth year in the NBA. Just saying Lopez can score. You guys keep bashing him because obviously it's not equal value for Dwight but the kid CAN play. Needs to learn how to rebound and play defense but the offense is there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Come on man his second season averaged 18.8 and last year 19.2. Pretty close. Dwight didn't average over 18 unitl his fourth year in the NBA. Just saying Lopez can score. You guys keep bashing him because obviously it's not equal value for Dwight but the kid CAN play. Needs to learn how to rebound and play defense but the offense is there.

Stop. Broke Lopez sucks and will always suck. In fact, he may suck worse here now that he's injured.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ok I'm done defending Brook Lopez he obviously isn't near my first choice for Dwight just saying people make him seem like Kwame Brown which he's not.

ideally, we'd get a ton of picks from somewhere like houston, then dwight would leave them in free agency, and houston will tank, and our picks we received will all be loterry picks

I honestly don't know what Henny is doing. I think HOU is by far the best choice if we're shedding contracts. We get K-Mart for a year, I believe Lamb and picks. Plus Turk goes.

• Upvote 1

Neither 18.8 nor 19.2 is 20, no matter how much you try to pretend it is. Also: below average efficiency, which you chose to ignore.

Andrew Jones ‏@micromonkeyz

@johnhollinger why would magic trade anderson at $9M but covet lopez at $12M? Lopez even softer and worse rebounder?

Retweeted by John Hollinger

He played 5 games this year!

Ok I'm done defending Brook Lopez he obviously isn't near my first choice for Dwight just saying people make him seem like Kwame Brown which he's not.

He's better than serviceable when healthy, but not for the money he's getting. I think we just have to get used to the idea of life without Howard.

But I still think the trade on the table sucks royally.

As the rumors continue to swirl, this deal is becoming a bigger and bigger joke. Seriously? The Clippers now swooping in and getting the BEST prospect out of all of this (MarShon Brooks) for a PROTECTED FIRST ROUNDER?? And even then, that first rounder is going to be worth squat because the Clippers are playoff bound!! IS THIS REAL LIFE?? If this goes down, it's basically a giant **** YOU to the fans and front offices of every other NBA team in the league. When it comes to money, there is no such thing as fair. Agents, owners, and players operate on a level that is beyond rules.

I honestly don't know what Henny is doing. I think HOU is by far the best choice if we're shedding contracts. We get K-Mart for a year, I believe Lamb and picks. Plus Turk goes.

This.

The one problem is that one doesn't just "learn" to rebound and play defense if they haven't done a lick of either in their lifetime.

The notion of him being able to transform his career and playing style completely is ludicrous. He's a losing player, with sub par talent, and a broken foot.

It sounds like a horrible deal because it is a horrible deal.