Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I have to think that Dwight to Brookyln has to be more about agents and sponsers.. Which also go's back to agents.. Addidas must have put up some MAJOR money or the Russian billionaire has a man crush on Dwight and is secretly paying his agent a bunch of money under the table to get him there. That and JayZ.. Like I said before... It's not DWill because if Dwight wanted DWill in Orlando.. DWill would be in Orlando because Orlando could have been on the other side of the bid and pitching NJ with picks and players like Jameer, JJ, BBD for a sign and trade to bring DWill here.

I don't think it was anything HWNSNBU said to him today, I think he was saying honestly how he feels. Disappointed with the coaching search, and also he did mean everything he said back in March. He felt played 'after' the opt in. Lol he didn't explain all the way how. When he says they're about money over winning he saying that while he's been there they really haven't put a team together that's contended for more than a year. But the Magic know regardless whether they ever win a championship that dwight will continue to sell tickets and make money for the city.

• Downvote 2

Dwights rationalizing his decisions, but it doesn't help when you have Alex Martins as the person driving to keep Dwight I can tell you that. Alex views people as assets, I think Dwight feels like all of Alex' efforts to keep Dwight were soley about money, and keeping Amway full, since if you guys may remember, Amway Center is Alex Martins baby, he was the driving force behind getting a deal done. Dwight and Alex' lack of communication is a problem, the issue with SVG destroyed the good faith Orlando built up.

In the end, Dwights options are not pretty anymore, unless he's willing to be a Laker. Henny just needs to keep communicating with him, Henny gets it, he wont BS Dwight so hopefully Dwight is man enough to not be offended by it. Henny tried to trade with the Nets, but Dwight needs to realize the Nets are the ones that screwed up him getting there, and NOT the magic

But Dwight should also realize ownership has spent money, alot of it, unfortunately Otis Smith spent it poorly.

How sure you are YBR is really texting/tweeting Dwight and not one of his people passing themselves as Dwight.

How naive can someone be to really believe that he is texting with Dwight :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Part of the reason he feels that way is because he is majorly hindering the success of the organization right now. If he would come out and publicly state that he is going to re-sign in 2013 then free agents would want to come and play in Orlando and help him get his ring. The way he has been acting the last year+ he's making the organization look like fools. If Good Job Rob had a commitment from him to stay then he could get to work making trades to make the team better instead of trying to figure out how to move on without Dwight. The ball is in Dwight's court but he's behind by 1 with 3 seconds left on the clock...

Or on the 2nd hand of it... Is Dwight demanding these trades still and acting this way to make the trade impossible and magically having a sit down with Rob and make rob the hero so it doesn't look like Dwight called for Otis and Stan gone to resign? This way he is still saying.. I want out so it doesn't look like he was a new man once Otis was out and publicly make him look like a Donald Trump of basketball.. Problem is this might be his agents idea or his tight circle and this has backfired more this way vs just saying the first convo with rob was productive..

He said today his heart and soul is still in orlando but he feels they played him and he's not sure if this organzation is serious about getting a ring over making money

Tell him hes a *****in moron and to get bent.

It' seems that each team thinks it has the other over a barrel. Houston knows there aren't too many teams that can offer any value for the Howard trade and absorb the crappy Otis-induced contracts we are saddled with. We know they are desperate to become relevant again and with tha Allstar game there this year I'm sure having a player on the team is very important. So who is more likely to blink...

Wait... are we saying that Dwight MIGHT be open to staying? Disappointed with coaching search? Why would he be disappointed in coaching search if he so badly wanted out? I'm too tired here...

I don't think it was anything HWNSNBU said to him today, I think he was saying honestly how he feels. Disappointed with the coaching search, and also he did mean everything he said back in March. He felt played 'after' the opt in. Lol he didn't explain all the way how. When he says they're about money over winning he saying that while he's been there they really haven't put a team together that's contended for more than a year. But the Magic know regardless whether they ever win a championship that dwight will continue to sell tickets and make money for the city.

Tell Dwight to change his tampon.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's not like we havent done this before..

See Rashard Lewis signing, Marcin Gortat match, Trade for Hedo's bad contract that we originally said no to, VCs bad contract, Gilbert's horrific contract, signing Brandon Bass .. Let's not forget about Duhon as well..

Things have changed this year however.. Old management would have kept Anderson all day long and would have payed jameer 2-3 mil more a season and locked him down earlier to an extension..

Dwight is more to blame for this organization not landing top agents the last year and a half more than anyone.. If he would have kept his mouth shut, supported our system and actually recruited some of these top free agents or trades like Chris Paul and showed publicly a disire to stay here we wouldnt be having this conversation at this point and there would be a good chance we would have DWill here as it was his choice on where he wanted to go.

Yep. Instead of recruiting to Orlando he was making a list with every other fran hiss on it. Except when he gave them the list of guys to trade for......this all comes down to the Dwight Howard brand...being on the top 30 list of pro athletes isn't good enough for the Howard brand its gotta be higher. Good old fashioned American greed. At the end of the day Dwight is a kid with little education trying to cash in as much as possible on the game. I think winning is important to Dwight......just waaayyyyyy after money and brand development.

But he was sure that Brooklyn the team that just took an over paid JJ, resigned Brook for an absurd contract, and tossed away a top 5 pick for a chronically injured player on the wrong side of 30 was serious about getting a ring? How has he not been taken for every last cent he has to his name by now? I guess I just have a very different idea of what it means to take steps to become a serious competitor vs throwing money around in a desparate attempt to fill seats in a new building in a large market.

When he first brought up Brooklyn last year he talked about how not only would he be playing with a PG like Deron Williams but also they could use they're cap space to add more pieces. Big market and other stuff was just extra

• Downvote 5