Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

::reads details of supposedly imminent trade::

::wonders if the new CBA removed BYC status for S&Ted players::

::looks up new CBA rules and determines that they did not::

::laughs for 10 straight minutes at this thread::

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't get all the hate to Henny. No this trade isn't great in fact it's bad but if we can rid ourselves of duhon and J-Rich contracts that's huge. Were obviously tanking it next season to get top pick than make big splash in free agency next summer. All these guys were getting have expiring contacts. I don't like lopez for 58 mil but the guy is going to score 20 points a night and he's only 24. If he could learn how to rebound he is a top 5 center, if not, than obviously he is who we thought he is.

Either way you look at it were not getting anything close to equal value because of the way Dwight has handcuffed the franchise. It it takes being really bad next year to have a really good off season in free agency and high picks in draft, I'll take it.

Will you please elaborate?

Can some kind, informed fan summarize what is currently going on... for this poor, ill informed, out-of-the-loop Magic fan?

Henny is playing a high stakes poker game here.

Hello, Riles? Henny here. See all those rumors blowing up the internet about D12 going to Brooklyn? Hope you enjoyed your one championship with the superfriends, because I'm gift wrapping the next 5 to Brooklyn. Unless of course you want to send Lebron here for Dwight.

how much crack did you just smoke?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not going to compare my knowledge of the CBA to yours, but I had this conversation with a buddy of mine who does have comparable knowledge (also from New York) who basically said this deal isn't even possible and he put it "Stern is going to stand up, waive the CBA in everyone's face, and say 'am I the only one who knows how this works?'"

Guys, please relax. This trade has about as big a chance of happening as LeBron for Dwight.

BROOK LOPEZ IS NOT A GOOD PLAYER

You can't say a guy who average 20 points a night is not a good player. As good as dwight? no way, but he is a good (not great) player. I know he doesn't rebound or play great D but he is a good player.

Henny's decision to keep Turkoglu in Orlando while trading Dwight must be a faster road to a lottery pick...

Turks contract is for less years. From what I understand he's off the books after this year? could be wrong.

You can't say a guy who average 20 points a night is not a good player. As good as dwight? no way, but he is a good (not great) player. I know he doesn't rebound or play great D but he is a good player.

You can't say a C who has that horrible a rebound% is good.