Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

1) There are very few 27-year-olds who have their whole life figured out (Isnt Dwight 26?)

2) There are very few 27-year-olds who were essentially handed that much money at the age of 18

3) There are very few 27-year-olds or people in general who have agents and advisors and all of that other crap.

Dwight needs to grow the hell up and this BS has gotten really old, but I don't think any of us are in a position to relate. How many of us went from not all that much growing up (not totally sure what Dwight's family upbringing was) to being a multi-millionaire because you're really tall with no college education, no time to "grow up". You probably had certain family and friends who you trusted when you were younger because you didn't know what to do. Those are the same people who have "aged" with him and his career.

He's 27 and he needs to stand up and speak for himself, but not many 3rd-contract NBA stars seem to be the same people they were after their rookie contracts.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They may "work" for Dwight, but their interests do not necessarily converge with Dwight's best interest. Dwight may still have wanted to play elsewhere all of this time, and he definitely has to take responsibility for much of what has gone down. But I do not think he is dumb. I think my assessment that he is both misguided and mis-advised is valid.

This

if he thought he wont look liek the bad guy by saying he is loyal to orlando and its fans, then after that continually demand to be traded to the 1 team he wants, then that is DUMB imo. How would that not make him look like the bad guy?

id D12 was actually loyal and really wanted to stay, he would have said so by now, his agent isn tholding him at gunpoint telling him what to do and say.

I don't think it's stupidity, its arrogance. Remember him saying the magic should "roll the dice" and let him finish the season?

The way it would work in his mind is people would look at it like he gave Orlando a chance and Orlando "failed him" so he had no choice but to leave and join the nets.

only a dumb guy can call a press conference, proclaim that he is loyal to Orlando, only to request a trade later again. only a dumb guy would request a trade from a team with the excuse that he wants to win and request a trade to Nets, when there are teams like Oklahoma and Chicago for example. Only a dumb guy can say that he wants to be like Kobe and not understand how limited he is offensively. and all this crap with "blackmailing"??? if there was still that stupid press conference about loyalty??? come on...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Houston is pretty anxious to get Dwight - just like we are anxious to get something in return that is good - it is a win/win - Houston becomes a contender - may not have all the pieces yet, but they can play with anyone with Dwight.

I don't think they'll get cold feet - just a matter of what the trade is - these mid-round draft picks are often not that great.

I don't watch college basketball so I can't say on these players - I did like watching Lamb in the 1st half of the game - taped it so will watch more. Parsons looked alright - a little slow in the first half - Jones looked ok. I'll have to watch more.

I do enjoy Lamb quite a bit - Bosphorus has a great dish that has a lot of Lamb - I often try to eat lamb when dining out. So with no trade imminent this weekend I'll have to have dinner - and eat lamb.

Did Henny eat lamb last night? Did he have any parsnip? I like how they named Parsons the mad chicken - just tonight - I don't know if that was a ploy by McHale knowing we like having names for our players, but you can get my vote on bringing in the mad chicken.

And to those that think he is smart, I disagree.

Who said this?

I saw people, myself included, claiming he wasn't dumb. I didn't see anyone saying he was smart. The intelligence spectrum is long, with many points on it, not just two.

Since we can rule out Brooks Lopez does it really matter?

i'd like to see jameer being the team leader than brook lopez.