Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

If were doing this trade (which I still say no way), we have to get rid of 2 of our 3 terrible contracts no just richardson. You throw Duhon into that deal than it's that much better. The idea of starting the season next year with Turk and Duhon doesn't sit to well.

@WojYahooNBA

Orlando will need to have its doctors examine Brook Lopez's foot before it would finalize any deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Phew I feel much better! /sarcasm

Does anyone actually know if the Houston deal is actually on the table still and what that deal is? Like most people on here are saying I don't see how that deal isn't any better.

It's on the table, but no one knows the exact offer. If you look at the Rockets' roster right now it looks like a Picasso painting. It's compiled with young prospects, Kevin Martin's expiring deal, and Scola who is eligible for amnesty. No PGs or Cs on the roster. Morey is working to pick up draft picks in S&Ts with Camby and Lee. The fact that their roster is in such disarray and Dwight isn't dealt yet isn't a coincidence.

@WojYahooNBA

Orlando will need to have its doctors examine Brook Lopez's foot before it would finalize any deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Phew I feel much better! /sarcasm

Dr. Otis Smith likes this foot.

• Upvote 1

As much as I think it makes some financial sense to hold on to Dwight and let him walk, unless he is benched or something, it would be an absolute cancer to the team, and I don't think anyone deserves that, especially the other players. Maybe guys are still tight with Dwight, but after all this garbage, I don't know how they could stand having the guy in the locker room or playing on the same team when they know he's got both feet out the door.

Unless you can suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team or something, or unless he signs an extension, he's got to be traded.

You said it. Let him sit, keep him as roster spot #15. Kind of like what the Bucs did to Keshawn Johnson.

You said it. Let him sit, keep him as roster spot #15. Kind of like what the Bucs did to Keshawn Johnson.

If he doesn't want to expand his team list and wants to hold us hostage for one team, then yes, sit his a** down.

Woj isn't usually so "the sky is blue" obvious, but really, isn't it a must that the Magic doctors would check out ANY player they are trading for?

Personally, I'd prefer if the Magic had the Suns' doctors examine Lopez's foot.

It's on the table, but no one knows the exact offer. If you look at the Rockets' roster right now it looks like a Picasso painting. It's compiled with young prospects, Kevin Martin's expiring deal, and Scola who is eligible for amnesty. No PGs or Cs on the roster. Morey is working to pick up draft picks in S&Ts with Camby and Lee. The fact that their roster is in such disarray and Dwight isn't dealt yet isn't a coincidence.

I love the Rockets strategy with or without Dwight. They realized they weren't winning a title with the current roster so they are acquiring cap room and assets.

Even more so they are letting teams know they will help facilitate sign and trades in order to get more picks.