Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

How about we send Dwight to the rockets for a 2nd round pick IF they take Jarrod Rudolph with him....nevermind, the rockets would probably say no.....

i don't think we have to worry about rudolph in a trade, he is firmly attached to dem dwight coattails

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The Lakers are uncertain that they’ll be able to re-sign Bynum, who made his first All-Star team last season and is entering the final year of his contract. Bynum has loads of talent, but has rubbed feelings raw within the organization with occasional bouts of immaturity and bad on-court decisions. NBA.com

Is this Bynum or Dwight they are talking about. Oh wait Dwight has bad off court decisions too. Looks like the Lakers better get something for drew fast or risk having it blow up in their face just like we have now. It is awful what the NBA has become. As the Cleveland gm said it will be 3 or 4 harlem globetrooters teams and the rest are Washington Generals teams. I used to think the NBA was rigged now I know it is.

• Downvote 1

Hey all.. I was a member here about 4 years ago. When the board changed, I wasn't able to get back on so I never bothered.. just lurked.

Anyway, I'm getting back on because I think that theres something that most everybody is missing in the Dwight fiasco. You have to read between the lines on this one.

Dwight complained about being blackmailed. What he is referring to is that Devos promised him that he'ld trade him after last season if he'ld sign and play out the season with the Magic. The whole loyalty thing was Dwight being committed to the Magic for the season and not being traded. Dwight said he would be loyal and what he meant was for last season but it was under the condition that Devos traded him to where he wanted to go and thats to the Nets. Things that point to that are when Dwight commented during later in the season that it was hard for him to decide because the Magic were playing so well. In his words, "we keep winning". He wanted to exit the Magic with giving them one last chance with him to take a shot at a championship. Devos agreed and Dwight signed under the condition that he be traded to the Nets in the offseason.

Alex Martins said in a couple of press conferences that his goal was to get Dwight to sign long term. So Dwight semi left the door open but basically said that he wanted to be traded after the season to the Nets. Martins job was to try and talk Dwight out of that but obviously as things have transpired, thats not going to happen. Dwight is wanting Devos to live up to his end of the bargain and trade him to the Nets. Devos is likely in a connundrum as Dwight opted out the playoffs for surgery and missed the playoffs entirely. I think its on Richs' head right now what to do. As you've heard, Dwight is furious that the trade to the Nets hasn't happened yet. Hes banking on Rich holding up his end of the agreement.

If i were Rich, I'ld tell Dwight, you blew the agreement when you had elective surgery on your back before the playoffs.

Jareth.. you seem like you matured some..

BMP.. you hardly post dude.. whats up?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Hey all.. I was a member here about 4 years ago. When the board changed, I wasn't able to get back on so I never bothered.. just lurked.

Anyway, I'm getting back on because I think that theres something that most everybody is missing in the Dwight fiasco. You have to read between the lines on this one.

Dwight complained about being blackmailed. What he is referring to is that Devos promised him that he'ld trade him after last season if he'ld sign and play out the season with the Magic. The whole loyalty thing was Dwight being committed to the Magic for the season and not being traded. Dwight said he would be loyal and what he meant was for last season but it was under the condition that Devos traded him to where he wanted to go and thats to the Nets. Things that point to that are when Dwight commented during later in the season that it was hard for him to decide because the Magic were playing so well. In his words, "we keep winning". He wanted to exit the Magic with giving them one last chance with him to take a shot at a championship. Devos agreed and Dwight signed under the condition that he be traded to the Nets in the offseason.

Alex Martins said in a couple of press conferences that his goal was to get Dwight to sign long term. So Dwight semi left the door open but basically said that he wanted to be traded after the season to the Nets. Martins job was to try and talk Dwight out of that but obviously as things have transpired, thats not going to happen. Dwight is wanting Devos to live up to his end of the bargain and trade him to the Nets. Devos is likely in a connundrum as Dwight opted out the playoffs for surgery and missed the playoffs entirely. I think its on Richs' head right now what to do. As you've heard, Dwight is furious that the trade to the Nets hasn't happened yet. Hes banking on Rich holding up his end of the agreement.

If i were Rich, I'ld tell Dwight, you blew the agreement when you had elective surgery on your back before the playoffs.

Jareth.. you seem like you matured some..

BMP.. you hardly post dude.. whats up?

Why haven't we heard any of this information? Seems plausible but not likely.

• Downvote 1

Should we hope the Bulls match on Asik?

They're already in cap hell so I don't see them matching unless someone else is on their way out.

It really is plausible. Especially if we do end up sending him to the Nets.

Thing that's so funny is that out of the 3 teams, the Lakers are putting the biggest risk if this trade goes through.

i don't really get why the Lakers would take a risk in getting Dwight?

The Lakers will be basically in our shoes next summer when Dwight wants to bolt LA and into another team. But the Lakers will be in a heavier disadvantage than us because Dwight will be a legitimate Free Agent and if he can't force LA to sign and trade him to Brooklyn next summer, he'll just walk and sign with a team like Atlanta, Dallas that actually have the cap to sign him.

Sure Dwight would be leaving an extra year and incentives by losing his Bird Rights, but that's still a giant risk by the Lakers.

Since we're clearly in rebuild mode now, I think that us getting some top to mid picks, and Houston getting one of the best centers maybe the big winners here if this goes through.

I agree with you but maybe Lakers got a hint that resigning Bynum wont be as easy as they thought. Maybe he doesnt want to play with Kobe anymore and have his own team built around himself. Afterall, he did say he would extend with Cleveland. Lakers may turn Bynum into Howard while they can.

Well, just ask yourself why when Alex said in press conferences that his goal was to get Dwight to extend, that Dwight just looked out and had no response. Dwight didn't mean committed long term, he meant committed for last season. He was already checked out, he just wanted to give Rich one final run for a ship before he left. Its like a puzzle but I'm telling you all thats whats going to come out at the end of all of this BS.

The fact that we're discussing that one player who started all of this madness is bigger than our franchise, and that we should somehow ruin the immediate and potential long term future of our team to adhere to his desires makes me want to vomit.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

At least Dwight is in hiding. I can't imagine how crazy it would be watching him joking it up on the court in Vegas with the Olympic team. I am really surprised the media and paparrazi are not following him around. He must be sneaking in the backdoor of the gym and then going to his room to play video games all day and night.

So tomorrow, the Nets will be in cap hell, the rockets will probably sign their rookies (or soon) and will have an 8 million dollar center on the roster. Aside from media reports (same ones who said Dwight to Brooklyn was a done deal) what is there to lead people to believe he gets traded any time soon?

And aliens bro, effing aliens.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1