Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

So Al Harrington, Arron Afflalo and 3 first round picks is better than Brook Lopez, Marson Brooks, 3 first round picks and additional cap relief?

Yes. Though realistically the exact parameters of this supposed trade aren't fully known yet, so it's almost impossible to judge.

The people who don't like the trade haven't watched the pieces we're getting back.

Afflalo is pretty good.

Vucevic showed flashes of being a really good big man.

Harkless is a one and done guy who had a very good year in the big east and projects as a nicolas batum type of guy with his length and athleticism.

And we get three picks.

that's what im saying

The people who don't like the trade haven't watched the pieces we're getting back.

Afflalo is pretty good.

Vucevic showed flashes of being a really good big man.

Harkless is a one and done guy who had a very good year in the big east and projects as a nicolas batum type of guy with his length and athleticism.

And we get three picks.

Oh god...more garbage. Call it any way you want but we are trading a top 15 player of all time for a bunch of maybes and below average players who collectively never see a all star game let alone carry a team to a championship. After all in 22 years of drafting for our team how many of those picks outside of the top 3 picks have made A all star game. I dont care if we get 10 mid round picks and 15 late first picks for Dwight we are getting bent over and corn holed by the NBA again. This is horrible Im not getting any satisfaction from maybes and junk. This organization is worse than the Clippers ever were times ten!

So Al Harrington, Arron Afflalo and 3 first round picks is better than Brook Lopez, Marson Brooks, 3 first round picks and additional cap relief?

C'mon son!

Lopez on a max contract does not equal cap relief.

C'mon son!

Nerlens Noel > Brook Lopez

• Upvote 1

I'm kinda curious how this all works... and there are a lot of questions? Where's Dom with the numbers?

We have Dwight's big contract going out, Duhon going out, how much is coming in? Are we going to be under the cap? Do we have room for a FA, will we trade some of our bigs for some more help? We may need Harrington to meet salary and then buy him out next year or trade him to somebody that needs space. Too many questions to panic, let's wait and see what the real deal is. Maybe Houston can be like a sniper on eBay and come through with a better offer... it's only 10:00 there LOL

C'mon son!

More Harkless also, and yes.

The trade is not offical so it is hard to opine with potential moving parts but here are my comments and observations:

1. Lets hope the other deals really weren't as good.

2. We didn't get stuck with a max deal w Lopez

3. Dwight is gone to west and about as far away from here as possible

4. Affalo is decent but with our new guys having ties to Detroit, I have a feeling that is their boy

5. Don't like the Harrington pick but I guess we can't get everything.

6. I like the prospect of Harkless. I remember when Anderson was a thrown in for Vince and he turned out ok. Alot of people were high on Harkless

7. I don't like how we stil dont get a back up PG or a PG in this deal.

8. The 3 first rounders will probably be crap for mid first round at best with 2 coming from Den and one from Phi

9. We got rid of J Rich at least. Too bad Duhon was not in it.

10. We will have some future cap space once Turk off books

Now on to the roster. Man we will have 10 million players now. Someone has to get cut. My guess Harper for sure.

PG - Nelson, Duhon, Ish?

SG - Redick, Affalo, Q

SF - Turk, Harrington, Harkless

PF - Baby, Nicholson, Clark, Harper

C - Ayon, Vucevic, and OQuinn

That is 15 players plus a 16th if a 3rd PG is picked up. I would think another player has to be in the deal somewhere. Also, Harper and one of the centers will get cut, most likely Ayon since he has team option. That would get the roster down I guess. We will have quite a few rookie contracts.

Nelson

Redick

Harkless

Nicholson

Baby

That is who I would start with Affalo, Turk coming off the bench. That may land us a Top 5 pick next year.

I think we take Liggins<3 over Harper

Oh god...more garbage. Call it any way you want but we are trading a top 15 player of all time for a bunch of maybes and below average players who collectively never see a all star game let alone carry a team to a championship. After all in 22 years of drafting for our team how many of those picks outside of the top 3 picks have made A all star game. I dont care if we get 10 mid round picks and 15 late first picks for Dwight we are getting bent over and corn holed by the NBA again. This is horrible Im not getting any satisfaction from maybes and junk. This organization is worse than the Clippers ever were times ten!

No.