Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Why is Orlando taking on Al Harrington? Denver is not salary capped out, Orlando is just terrible at negotiating. Way worse contract than J-rich. Orlando don't need an undersized PF either.

35yr old kobe and 39yr old nash....sounds like the makings of multi-year contender!

Normally this would be reasonable but in David Stern land Kobe and Nash will retire (with 3 more rings) and OKC will lose Durant, Ibaka and we will lose our pick (at number 1 next year) to the Lakers for an over the hill Joe Johnson and what is left of Brooke Lopez contract.

This caught me so off guard today, i was at ssc getting my school all situated and got the text from my friend out in la bragging about how there getting dwight. I shrugged it off as a rumor but clearly its about a done deal if not already. How you guys feel about it? I would have much rather had the rockets deal but its better than BKN.

Why is Orlando taking on Al Harrington? Denver is not salary capped out, Orlando is just terrible at negotiating. Way worse contract than J-rich. Orlando don't need an undersized PF either.

Henni just wants Vaughn to put the names of our PF's into a hat before the game picks 3 and that decides who plays that game. #WAYTOOMANYPFSINHERE

Maybe everyone here had higher expectations of what we could get once dwight said "I'm not resigning anywhere but brooklyn" and we spent the last 90 days manufacturing leverage with weak deals involving cleveland.

Of course dwight is worth more than this but nobody was going to give us equal value for him and the one place he wanted to go had no assets.

If we're talking about the NJ deal before last season started, than I will take that over this rumored deal. The 6th pick is better than anything we're getting in this dea, Lilliard would be nice. As long as we don't overpay Wallace & Lopez like NJ did, than l would take that deal over this one. Of course Brook Lopez on a max contract is a different story.

wow....

:panicworker:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:creaturedance:

Afflalo and Harkless are EXCELLENT pickups. Crappy picks, but I'll take them. Harrington? Otis always gets his man. Sahsa?!?!?!?! WTF.

not a great deal, not even really a good deal but...only time will tell sadly.

The trade is not offical so it is hard to opine with potential moving parts but here are my comments and observations:

1. Lets hope the other deals really weren't as good.

2. We didn't get stuck with a max deal w Lopez

3. Dwight is gone to west and about as far away from here as possible

4. Affalo is decent but with our new guys having ties to Detroit, I have a feeling that is their boy

5. Don't like the Harrington pick but I guess we can't get everything.

6. I like the prospect of Harkless. I remember when Anderson was a thrown in for Vince and he turned out ok. Alot of people were high on Harkless

7. I don't like how we stil dont get a back up PG or a PG in this deal.

8. The 3 first rounders will probably be crap for mid first round at best with 2 coming from Den and one from Phi

9. We got rid of J Rich at least. Too bad Duhon was not in it.

10. We will have some future cap space once Turk off books

Now on to the roster. Man we will have 10 million players now. Someone has to get cut. My guess Harper for sure.

PG - Nelson, Duhon, Ish?

SG - Redick, Affalo, Q

SF - Turk, Harrington, Harkless

PF - Baby, Nicholson, Clark, Harper

C - Ayon, Vucevic, and OQuinn

That is 15 players plus a 16th if a 3rd PG is picked up. I would think another player has to be in the deal somewhere. Also, Harper and one of the centers will get cut, most likely Ayon since he has team option. That would get the roster down I guess. We will have quite a few rookie contracts.

Nelson

Redick

Harkless

Nicholson

Baby

That is who I would start with Affalo, Turk coming off the bench. That may land us a Top 5 pick next year.

Harrington is the only questionable part of the deal, I don't get why people are freaking out besides that reason. Even at that, he's a hell of a lot better than Duhon and is only fully guaranteed through this season.

So Al Harrington, Arron Afflalo and 3 first round picks is better than Brook Lopez, Marson Brooks, 3 first round picks and additional cap relief?

C'mon son!

Substantially. How is a max brook lopez cap relief?

Remember Metta World Peace tweeted that he was leaving. So he's still likely going somewhere.

or maybe he's just screwing with our heads like he always does

He's not leaving the Lakers, he's leaving Canada - Vancouver, I think.