Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

That trade was never on the table. It never will be on the table. If it ever was the trade would have been done.

I had heard that the 2011 picks, a rookie, Martin for Dwight and bad contracts was on the table. Hennigan was too new at his job (and hadn't talked to Dwight yet) to take it... is that not true?

The Boston Celtics at no point were going to trade Rondo for Pau Gasol. That rumor was bogus hoopsworld speculation which was shot down by numerous sources.

I agree. However, houston was very interested in gasol and they were willing to trade him for 2011 picks and i believe chandler and martin or scola.

I had heard that the 2011 picks, a rookie, Martin for Dwight and bad contracts was on the table. Hennigan was too new at his job (and hadn't talked to Dwight yet) to take it... is that not true?

That isn't your deal of '2 rooks, 2 picks and martin', so yeah it was never on the table.

Where you heard that?

Jason Richardson's name has been a "significant" part of ongoing four-team trade discussions, and he could join Dwight Howard in L.A. if the deal ever happens.

Nothing is imminent, but Adrian Wojnarowski's initial report about the potential trade has since been confirmed by multiple sources, including NBA.com's David Aldridge. In its current form, the blockbuster deal could send Dwight, J-Rich and Al Harrington to the Lakers, Andre Iguodala to the Nuggets, and Andrew Bynum to the 76ers, with Pau Gasol, Aaron Afflalo and draft picks heading to the Magic. Stay tuned.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

In possible Dwight Howard trade, Sixers would also send center Nikola Vucevic to Orlando, source tells Y! Sports. 7fter avg 5.5 pts,4.8 rbs.

I think Rob wants to fill the roster with depth caliber big men lol.

No matter which way you put it, this is a bad trade for the Magic. You can sugar coat it all you want but Gasol is on the books for another 2 years at 19 mill per and Afflalo's contract is worse than J-Rich at 7 mill for 4 years. This puts the Magic on the mediocrity threadmill. IMO the Brooklyn deal was even better than this one.

This just screams HOU to up their offer.

Lakers wouldn't trade Gasol and Bynum for Howard 6 months ago, doubt their minds have changed since then.

BTW, Philly makes out like bandits. Essentially a Iggy for Bynum swap.

Affalo's contract is worse than JRichs? Are you out of your mind? Affalo is 26 years old. JRich is on the decline and a shadow of what he used to be. Just look at last year.

FG%- .471 to .408 FT%- .798 to .594 PTs- 15.2 to .11.6 Assists- 3.2 to 2.0. But yeah, JRich is going to be 32 next year, so he will probably improve with age. Oh, and Affalo can play defense. JRich can't even spell the word. Affalo will be 30 at the end of his contract. JRich will be a high priced deep reserve at the end of his. Not saying I like the trade rumor, but there is not a GM in the NBA that wouldn't trade JRich straight up for Affalo.

• Upvote 1