Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Yeah, that is clearly nonsense. No one is "messing" with Lebron because he is a 6'8 270 lb black man that likely has several even larger bodyguards with him. I don't like Somali warlords either but I'm sure as hell not going to confront them in public.

I'm gonna.

...on my blog.

"We wanted people that has been apart of championships and Jacque fits that mold." Alex Martins

On Rob Hennigan: "He has a plan and thus far he's followed through on it." Alex Martins

On Dwight Howard: "We will determine the best opportunity available and move on it." Alex Martins

That sounds to me like we are resolved to trade Dwight (finally). Let the real bidding begin!

OKC writer speculating on Howard trade.

Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman: But as long as

Dwight Howard remains in limbo, or until the Thunder completes its complex

payroll puzzle, there will be a convenient rationale for linking Orlando and

Oklahoma City in the never-ending Dwight derby. Some media members already have

floated the idea, and at least one outlet recently erroneously reported that the

teams were in talks to send the league's best center to OKC. Fans have clamored

for the deal for far longer. All the conjecture, however, fails to acknowledge

one substantial fact — Howard doesn't want to play here. That's not an

indictment on Oklahoma City. Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant have hushed the

haters who said this city couldn't and wouldn't retain star players. Howard

simply has his sight set on two locations. Brooklyn and Los Angeles. Dallas is a

last-ditch option. ... Adding Howard's ego to a team that already must be

careful with how it massages Durant and Westbrook's personalities would be like

playing with fire. But on paper a trio of Westbrook, Durant and Howard instantly

would become the best in basketball. It's what makes the speculation so

scintillating — even if Howard wants to play for the Thunder about as much as he

wants to play for the Bobcats.

I think Henny is still handling this properly by being patient.

If Houston wants him they will have to pull the trigger late August to get Dwight to Houston - if they don't get him before the season starts it will be much harder for them to keep him.

If Los Angeles doesn't get him then they'll have to worry about Howard going to Dallas and may work harder on a better deal - not sure how they can make it a lot better unless they move Bynum and Gasol - they would have to get Howard and a good younger prospect from another team.

It may not work, but I agree with him turning down all the offers - worst case scenario we don't get picks and he walks to Dallas costing himself money.

Best case scenario - Houston gives us a good deal.

• Upvote 1

I think Henny is still handling this properly by being patient.

If Houston wants him they will have to pull the trigger late August to get Dwight to Houston - if they don't get him before the season starts it will be much harder for them to keep him.

If Los Angeles doesn't get him then they'll have to worry about Howard going to Dallas and may work harder on a better deal - not sure how they can make it a lot better unless they move Bynum and Gasol - they would have to get Howard and a good younger prospect from another team.

It may not work, but I agree with him turning down all the offers - worst case scenario we don't get picks and he walks to Dallas costing himself money.

Best case scenario - Houston gives us a good deal.

That's how I see it, too. I'm glad we haven't just taken the first deal that came along just to be done with this. While I think some deals will dry up, I think the big deals on the table will remain relatively stable.

Without a long-term commitment from Bynum, I don't really see us sending Dwight to LA, especially since I don't think they could take on any of our crap contracts. The only way trading Howard benefits us at all is if we can unload some of our toxic contracts with him. Without that, we're loaded up with bad contracts and no star center. Thanks, but no.

Agreed: Houston is the best offer on the table, but it would be cool if OKC entered the picture. Not sure how they'd wrangle their own cap situation, but adding Harden would be awesome.

A majority of Magic fans hate Shaq nearly 20 years later. Rudolph is full of it if he thinks Magic fans will be quick to forgive Dwight.

I am one of those fans. If I ever saw Shaq out in public, I wouldn't approach him for an autograph or a picture (not that I am one to do that anyway). And what Shaq did, and continues to do, pales in comparison to what Dwight has done. There will be fan boys that will always approach Dwight, but I have a feeling that Orlando fans will feel much like I do. ***** Dwight.

I don't know the site policies for insider articles, so go ahead and do whatever you want with this mods

ESPN Insider article by CBA/Cap guru Larry Coon:

Options for Howard and Bynum

As impending free agents, should either consider an extension if traded?

Updated: July 30, 2012, 12:35 PM ET

By Larry Coon | ESPN Insider

Email

Print

Getty ImagesConventional wisdom says Howard and Bynum should wait for free agency.

Everyone thought there would be a resolution to the Dwight Howard situation by now. Instead, August is almost here and Howard still a member of the Orlando Magic -- and just as determined to leave as he ever was.

The Brooklyn Nets, Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets all tried to put together a blockbuster trade package, only to find dead ends. Compounded by Howard's childish ambivalence and waffling, everyone is weary and ready to move on. The Lakers are frustrated. The Magic are frustrated. Howard is frustrated. And now Houston has signed its draft picks, which means they can't be traded for 30 days -- as late as Aug. 25 if Jeremy Lamb is included in a deal.

Momomomomomomodedit