Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

There is nothing in the NBA rules that says we have to play him, but do you really think that's realistic? It would be a circus, he'd start refusing to come to the arena, he would be fined, and the media would work it up into a frenzy. It would be pretty hilarious to watch him get booed at every intro then have to take a seat on the bench for 2 and a half hours, but I don't see it happening. We'd look pretty petty for doing it; it would be better to take the high road and not stoop to Dwight's childish level.

He would be sitting because he has not "fully recovered from the back surgery". If this was done I am sure the Magic would not respond to the rumors and tweets from the reliable sources stating otherwise. Howard and his stupid agent would of course talk, but who cares.

you're probably right ... but, what if his minutes are shortened? getting playing time when it really isn't meaningful? it'd probably be the same, huh?

We'd(yeah I said we for everyone who hates when fans do that, I buy merch and go to some games so I'm part of the team) probably look less petty that way, but people would catch to what we're doing. We could say his minutes are being limited to give more time to the young guys since Dwight won't be here the next season anyways. We'd still have headlines like, "The Magic are trolling Dwight by giving him 10 minutes a game."

There is nothing in the NBA rules that says we have to play him, but do you really think that's realistic? It would be a circus, he'd start refusing to come to the arena, he would be fined, and the media would work it up into a frenzy. It would be pretty hilarious to watch him get booed at every intro then have to take a seat on the bench for 2 and a half hours, but I don't see it happening. We'd look pretty petty for doing it; it would be better to take the high road and not stoop to Dwight's childish level.

What are you talking about?

Sitting Dwight doesn't mean for him to travel with the team or even come to our facilities.

It means Dwight can go where he wants, even to NBA games where he could sit court side and watch the game as a spectator.

Dwight will not be able to use the NBA. No training, No weight room, No trainers, No Access to other NBA perks.

Let's not forget that his grumpy behind would still be getting paid some $20 mil to be heckeled..... and at the end of the day, we would be hurt, more so by his being on the team and taking away the focus from the development of the young guys that we drafted and the posibble incoming 1st rounders from Houston!

I think our kids would have something to prove, and I hope they would try to make us forget Dwight Howard as quickly as possible!

I like the chip O'Quinn already has for being a 2nd round pick!!!!

What are you talking about?

Sitting Dwight doesn't mean for him to travel with the team or even come to our facilities.

It means Dwight can go where he wants, even to NBA games where he could sit court side and watch the game as a spectator.

Dwight will not be able to use the NBA. No training, No weight room, No trainers, No Access to other NBA perks.

Why not? There are players on every team that don't ever play but they still have to travel with the team or they don't get paid right? I'm confused(not the first time and it won't be the last).

Let's not forget that his grumpy behind would still be getting paid some $20 mil to be heckeled..... and at the end of the day, we would be hurt, more so by his being on the team and taking away the focus from the development of the young guys that we drafted and the posibble incoming 1st rounders from Houston!

I think our kids would have something to prove, and I hope they would try to make us forget Dwight Howard as quickly as possible!

I like the chip O'Quinn already has for being a 2nd round pick!!!!

Yeah, I'm by no means saying we should do this. I was just saying it's possible(as far as I know, but I could be wrong because that other dude is saying I am). The best scenario would be to get him the hell out of here before the season starts. Hopefully we can still get something decent from Houston and we can watch a bunch of young players that are just excited to be a part on any team in the NBA.

Yeah, I'm by no means saying we should do this. I was just saying it's possible(as far as I know, but I could be wrong because that other dude is saying I am). The best scenario would be to get him the hell out of here before the season starts. Hopefully we can still get something decent from Houston and we can watch a bunch of young players that are just excited to be a part on any team in the NBA.

FWIW, I believe you're right ...

Why not? There are players on every team that don't ever play but they still have to travel with the team or they don't get paid right? I'm confused(not the first time and it won't be the last).

Because they can be told not too.... It's up to the team and at the teams disgression. Players can be excused from the team.

• Upvote 1

Because they can be told not too.... It's up to the team and at the teams disgression. Players can be excused from the team.

Well if we were planning to embarrass him like then the team wouldn't excuse him. Regardless, it's not a scenario that would happen anyways.

Magic fan way before Dwight, just lettin ya know how he sees it

We all know exactly how he sees it. Self entitled, immature and refuses to acknowledge the fact that he has created this nightmare. Nothing is his fault, he's completely innocent and just wants everyone to like him but at the same time is trying to force the Magic to give him what he wants to no regard to what it means for the team and what it means to the fans.

Cry me a river. Sack up, shut the ***** up, and go about your business. Play out your contract like you agreed to do, and stop leaking these stupid ass "I'll only re-sign with team x" or "I'm going to team Y next summer no matter where I get traded to now" bull**** comments.

He's already played this franchise to the point that the fans of the Magic are tired of him and looking forward to him being traded. This is a guy who is, hands down, the best center in the league in a time where the second best center in the league isn't really close behind, and we don't care. Take a hike, because we are sick of this primadonna bull****.

If Rob doesn't get a package that he is willing to take back, and Dwight continues to drag things out in this manner, then tell Dwight to suit up and sulk at the end of the bench for a season.

• Upvote 4

I honestly think the nail in the coffin was giving in to reshard and signing him to that extra 6th year. dont know if otis was responsible for this or not but that lead to all of those other moves. if he would've just signed for 5, we'd have him and dwight off the books this summer and even if otis had added another turrible contract, we could've amestied that one instead. probably wouldn't have led to the desperate pho trade either.

You are dead on with this...its where it all started. Paid him about 40 million more than any team had to offer at the time. Additionally at the time I remember Otis was the one who lobbied for the extra year....ugggh. We definately could have recovered from this move if he hadnt followed it with a string of mostly disasterous moves.

Its like we won the powerball lottery three times (Dwight, SHaq, Webber) and instead of cashing the winning ticket we instead traded it for a bag of skittles, some used toilet paper and were so stupid we just lost the last ticket. I feel bad for old man Devos (if you can feel bad for a billionaire). The people who he has around him are just incompetent bungling bafoons who most likely dont have one hundredth the work ethic that he did to get him to where he is now. Im sure they are bleeding him dry elsewhere and he doesnt even know it.