Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

if Henni's gonna blow it out, Nelson is irrelevant... he better stick to that way now... and do that three way trade...

if he is paying nelson 8 mil hoping d12 to stay, then he is a toool

Yeh I dunno I just see that Nelson deal as bad from every side, whether Howard stays or goes. To me it was a bad contract. Btw alot of you seem hostile im just bringing an opinion to discuss dont need to blow up. I know this Dwight crap is frustarting, even from our end because its blocking everything until a decision is settled.

• Downvote 4

Superstars always demand trades, its how Franchises make decisions to make it work. Hell MAGIC JOHNSON requested a trade because of the coach naturally lakers fired the coach back then.

Pau trade wasnt as bad as it looked it gave memphis whjat they wer elooking for Picks, expiring contracts and young players. Worked out for both teams.

And No your GM atm hasnt shown anythign better than Otis. Honestly do you guys think that Nelson contract was good? Or lettign Ryan Anderson go for practically nothing?

godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm-s640x387-82177.jpg

I'm thinking that Good Job Rob's trip to L.A. was one final chance for Dwight to confirm that there was no chance of keeping him so he can get to work getting us a good trade. There may be offers out there that the media hasn't even gotten a hold of yet... who knows?

It looks like time for all of us Magic fans to suck it up and get ready to watch a young hungry team play their butts off while we reload and get ready to be the dominant team when Miami gets too old.

• Upvote 1

Yeh I dunno I just see that Nelson deal as bad from every side, whether Howard stays or goes. To me it was a bad contract. Btw alot of you seem hostile im just bringing an opinion to discuss dont need to blow up. I know this Dwight crap is frustarting, even from our end because its blocking everything until a decision is settled.

no one cares

ead and go drown in Toluca Lake

• Downvote 2

It's been a month.

And Good Job Rob did well in the draft, got us something instead of nothing for Ryno that we couldn't keep, and re-signed Meer for what should prove to be a decent contract for the leader of our team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, it seems quite obvious that there is no way Dwight will have some sort of "revelation", or what have you, and sign an extension. I, for whatever reason, still held onto an ever-so-slight sliver of hope for that in the back of my mind. Looking back, I guess it was naive of me.

Silly me.

I have never seen one superstar throw out so many demands to an organization in my life. This is a business, right? So, in this scenario, a guy is telling his employer where he wants to go. Not once...but a gajillion times. What in the world.

I've been ready to deal this guy and move on for awhile now. I'm ready for a drama-free, basketball-filled season. Even if the team wins 20 games, I just want a team that WANTS to play in Orlando and gives their best 82 times this season.

However, tonight I became embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that this man, at one point in time, represented this city and organization. I'm embarrassed he was once my favorite player. I'm embarrassed that I blew who knows how much money on jerseys, shirts, and memorabilia featuring this douche.

I think it's pretty easy to figure out why I'm embarrassed about all of this stuff. I'm embarrassed of Dwight because Dwight embarrassed us. Money-hungry, power-hungry, fame-hungry, status-hungry...whatever. You've made us the laughing stock in American sports for nearly a year now.

Get your filthy self out of my city. I'm through with you.

• Upvote 8

LOL at Dwight throwing a supposed temper tantrum mid meeting because we haven't traded him yet.. Doesn't he know how a contract works? We're not obligated to trade him anywhere.. His sense of entitlement is absurd..

Time to take a break until ESPN says the Commander Buttface is gone. Let the trolls from other teams pile in as much as they want: we've sucked before - we're Magic fans, after all, not Lakers fans, who can have their GM go to another team, send the Lakers a championship, and then miraculously get his old job with the Lakers again a couple years later.

Must be nice...

• Upvote 1

This is what we get for wasting our time finding new rumors and information for the past 8months on a Superstar Athlete requesting a trade. It's are fault for believing all of these b.s. rumors and getting are hopes up. From now on, I don't believe it until its made Official.

• Upvote 1

Can I honestly say that I'm looking forward to stepping away from contention for awhile? Life was way simpler, the NBA season was less stressful and demanding...

...and not to mention, this board was a HECK of a lot sweeter.

Here's to the future.

• Upvote 1