Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Hey guys, ive been reading this thread since it was around page 100, this is my first post. Im a Laker fan, and it was always interesting to read the reactions/feelings/ideas from Orlando Magic fans as we have a similar thread going on over at our forums reaching over 1200 pages now lol.

So ive decided to register and come give my own insights a Laker fan and what other Laker fans aswell are feeling from the board that im on.

We feel that your GM Hennigan is probably the dumbest GM of all time. I get this feeling that your GM does not know how to "let go" and is holding on for dear life and trying to make a BANG on his first big trade. Learn something from us, when Shaq the most dominant center at the time (2004) demanded a trade from the Lakers, they found the best offer, dealt him and moved on within the timefram of less than a month, it quick and easy to move on from. We probably got 30 cents on the dollar Brian "no knees" Grant, Lamar Odom and Caron Butler and 2 useless first round picks. Not the greatest trade, but it quickly resolved the situation we moved on and 5 years later we won 2 championships in a row. Another example Kobe Bryant demanded a trade in the offseason of 2007, Buss quickly said OKAY ill look for a trade, found a good deal with the Bulls but Bryant himself rejected it because of his no trade clause 5 month slater it all worked out because we had workable assets.

We also were baffled at the fact that Hennigan actually thought he had a chance of convincing Dwight to stay when his 2 biggest move this season were overpaying a 30 year old PG and dealing away your 2nd best player Ryan Anderson practically for peanuts. Not a great Resume for a GM trying to keep his Superstar. You guys have zero assets and no expiring contracts, I do not see you guys having the chance of improving much as a team. Otis Smith really screwed you guys there, all because he panicked in trying to appease Howard, he had zero patience.

We also find it hilarious that some people think Houston would give up all their assets for a CHANCE of resigning Howard. Like come on guys be realistic its not worth it for Houston.

Best way to go with it guys is trade Howard, send him out with as much bad contracts as you guys can and start rebuilding. I have no idea what your GM is thinking, but I find it quite stupid with all his recent moves and his "holding on like a clingy GF"

I hope it works out for you guys....

berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

• Upvote 2

Henni did not have a game plan, he's as indecisive as D12...

if you want D12 to stay... sell him a plan... show your actions...

shouldn't have re-signed Nelson...

Should've tried to ship out bad contracts with 1st picks.... or tie a bad contract with Anderson.... create cap room next year... and showed that you're for real...

Could've signed and traded Anderson with QRich for TPE only

Could find takers of JRich or BBD and bind it with a first pick then

instead... Rob settled in between... doesn't know which way to go... blow up or create cap space

Damn why didn't the Magic hire you

first of all, calm down. I'm not a Houston fan. I've live in Meadow Woods for the first 16 years of my life. From elem, to middle, to cypress creek so chill. Just because I don't have 3,000 posts doesn't mean I haven't been following this site or the sentinel. I'm here for the same reasons other Magic fans are.

cool-story-bro1.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No idiot that was our LAST GM

You also just proved why you Laker fans are a bunch of dingos, both your superstars demanded trades, Shaq trade was garbage, and so was your team, because of that terrible trade. you were luck Pau landed in your laps.

Superstars always demand trades, its how Franchises make decisions to make it work. Hell MAGIC JOHNSON requested a trade because of the coach naturally lakers fired the coach back then.

Pau trade wasnt as bad as it looked it gave memphis whjat they wer elooking for Picks, expiring contracts and young players. Worked out for both teams.

And No your GM atm hasnt shown anythign better than Otis. Honestly do you guys think that Nelson contract was good? Or lettign Ryan Anderson go for practically nothing?

• Downvote 9

At this point, I'm just hoping Hennigan walks over to the phone and tells Houston its on. I'm so mentally and emotionally drained from this whole fiasco. Lord knows how the people directly involved feel. I just want to wake up tomorrow to a Dwight resolution. Preferrably one with him out of Orlando. He's turned this city against him himself.

I am so sick of DH and his drama, hire some young potentials, train them they way you want, let them be a real "team" and if DH wants to run a team let him use his mega millions to buy one. Their is a reason it's called "team players'' and I feel we'd be soooo much better off dumping DH and his all for me attitude.

first of all, calm down. I'm not a Houston fan. I've live in Meadow Woods for the first 16 years of my life. From elem, to middle, to cypress creek so chill. Just because I don't have 3,000 posts doesn't mean I haven't been following this site or the sentinel. I'm here for the same reasons other Magic fans are.

xTP2S.gif

• Upvote 1

Superstars always demand trades, its how Franchises make decisions to make it work. Hell MAGIC JOHNSON requested a trade because of the coach naturally lakers fired the coach back then.

Pau trade wasnt as bad as it looked it gave memphis whjat they wer elooking for Picks, expiring contracts and young players. Worked out for both teams.

And No your GM atm hasnt shown anythign better than Otis. Honestly do you guys think that Nelson contract was good? Or lettign Ryan Anderson go for practically nothing?

It's been a month.

if Henni's gonna blow it out, Nelson is irrelevant... he better stick to that way now... and do that three way trade...

if he is paying nelson 8 mil hoping d12 to stay, then he is a toool

• Downvote 1