Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Would this be legal?

by Diligent on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:07 am

Given the recent comments by Dan HWNSNBU (Apparently Dwights position has always been he wants to explore his options as a free agent and won't resign with anyone, including Brooklyn. Couldn't all of this drama have been avoided had he stated that publicly like Lebron and Deron did? But I digress.) I have been thinking about a scenario that might be a pipe dream for a Magic fan. But I was just wondering if it is legal.

Is it possible if the Magic trade Dwight -- to anyone, be it Houston, Atlanta, LA, etc and he doesn't sign the extension. And in said trade, the Magic free up cap space by unloading other contracts ... And then sign Dwight back to Orlando in the off season when he becomes a free agent? I'm not saying this is highly probable. But would it even be possible?

If we are going to dream then why not:

Dwight goes to LA for picks, bad contracts and Bynum going to Cleveland.

Dwight resigns in Orlando in the off season.

Net result LA loses Bynum, Howard and assets while taking on bad long term deals which tie them up for 4 more years with no draft picks since they have been traded to us....oh wait heres the best part. Duhon has to be their starting point guard until they rebuild...

In the words of Charles Montgomery Burns...revenge is a dish best served cold.

• Upvote 2

You just gave me an idea - why don't we send Dwight to wherever Brian Hill is an assistant coach, I can't believe he is an assistant coach - crazy - he is horrible, but that would be pretty tough punishment to have to play for Brian Hill again.

If Houston doesn't step it up then send him to play with Brian Hill - that would be torture - I am sure Howard would beg not to be sent anywhere near Brian Hill and he would agree to sign long term with the Rockets once the season ends to make sure he didn't have to play for Brain Hill

We should let Henny know the secret chip here.

Now I know it is in fact the real Knappy. You gave Hill such a hard time and just disappeared for the Otis trashes the Magic years. What gives?

You just gave me an idea - why don't we send Dwight to wherever Brian Hill is an assistant coach, I can't believe he is an assistant coach - crazy - he is horrible, but that would be pretty tough punishment to have to play for Brian Hill again.

If Houston doesn't step it up then send him to play with Brian Hill - that would be torture - I am sure Howard would beg not to be sent anywhere near Brian Hill and he would agree to sign long term with the Rockets once the season ends to make sure he didn't have to play for Brain Hill

We should let Henny know the secret chip here.

Oh can you lose the "1" on your sig...its so not you. Retro is in these days.

Now I know it is in fact the real Knappy. You gave Hill such a hard time and just disappeared for the Otis trashes the Magic years. What gives?

3 year suspension from the message board and now just received a warning, no just kidding. was lurking, but couldn't figure out when they changed the passwords so I didn't bother signing back up and the one's running the board weren't eager to tell me how to get it to work - LOL

My contributions were insufficient

No, but Syria and Iran are offering a slew of camels and the rights to turbans and veils as well as illegal oil and we haven't heard from Pakistan or Afghanistan yet.

Hookahs included or no deal.

I like how Henny doesn't discourage any stupid offers and lets the team spin their wheels to come up with a stupid proposal - like the Magic will take a stupid proposal - we'll let Howard walk as clearing his contract is better then some of these proposals and they won't get him

Howard looses a little bit if he walks on a new contract

But it is interesting - henny probably says make your best offer and let me know what you come up with - henny looks at it and says well I want good young guys, good draft picks and I want you to take back contracts - Varajeo and late first round picks - let me think about it - waits a day and says, hmmm - no, what else can you do

Then henny goes back to water skiing, golfing, whatever else it is henny does - and rockets come up with an offer and he says you need to do better.

Dwight says I want to go to Brooklyn, henny says let's see if they can make it happen - booklyn, what can you do? humphries and Lopez and late first round picks. let me think about it - hmm, no we don't like Lopez or humphries.

Anyone else want to make an offer - call me tomorrow - get me a good deal - I'm gonna play some tennis and shoot some hoops later. Jameer asked if I wanted to hang out at the pool

It may not work in the long run, but I like henny's approach - not getting emotional about any of it - you got something you want to offer I'll consider it - if you want to make a joke offer I'll consider it - nothing will happen, but make all the proposals you want - try to get other teams involved -

henny may decide to watch the british open -

• Upvote 1

If we are going to dream then why not:

Dwight goes to LA for picks, bad contracts and Bynum going to Cleveland.

Dwight resigns in Orlando in the off season.

Net result LA loses Bynum, Howard and assets while taking on bad long term deals which tie them up for 4 more years with no draft picks since they have been traded to us....oh wait heres the best part. Duhon has to be their starting point guard until they rebuild...

In the words of Charles Montgomery Burns...revenge is a dish best served cold.

I'd rather trade him to houston with a couple of bad contracts and get better draft picks

Nick Friedell @ESPNChiBulls 2m

Hennigan wants to get young, cheap assets in return. Noah and Deng are scheduled to make almost $80 mil combined over next four years.

View details ·

Nick Friedell @ESPNChiBulls 4m

There's no guarantee Hennigan would even do deal based around Noah and Deng. They both have big contracts and injury concerns.

View details ·

Nick Friedell @ESPNChiBulls 5m

Bulls fans clamoring for front office to roll dice and deal for Dwight remember 1 thing. Otis Smith isn't in Orlando anymore Rob Hennigan is

View details ·

3 year suspension from the message board and now just received a warning, no just kidding. was lurking, but couldn't figure out when they changed the passwords so I didn't bother signing back up and the one's running the board weren't eager to tell me how to get it to work - LOL

My contributions were insufficient

Don't flatter yourself. The password recovery function doesn't work for anybody. It was one of many issues we've had since we converted over. The moderators have zero control over that.

Don't flatter yourself. The password recovery function doesn't work for anybody. It was one of many issues we've had since we converted over. The moderators have zero control over that.

I was wondering why I couldn't recover my password(I signed up as jjgator84 a while back, but I typically just lurked here and didn't sign in).