Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Appreciated! Clearly a major troll here =)

Hahaha - yeah, well before there was LeBron, there was Shaq. At least part of this, including the anger, is due to that. At least Shaq and LeBron waited until they were free agents before they threw their team under the bus. So I agree with you on that point: I see little chance of Dwight re-signing with us.

But I do think the Magic would rather just hold onto Dwight and let him walk (thus clearing cap space), than be anchored to garbage. For Sideshow Bob, I actually think he'd be a good piece on a team, but in no way should he be a centerpiece of a Dwight Howard trade anymore than Brook Lopez was.

Finally, keep in mind it seems a huge amount of our information is from "sources" that, again and again, are turning out to be "imagination." I think a deal will go down and, like any good deal, no side will be happy.

At this point, I absolutely don't understand Dwight hamstringing the negotiations now that Brooklyn is CLEARLY out of the picture. Just makes no sense.

Hello everyone,

I am a long time Rockets fan and am curious about Howard's back. Any new info? As you guys already know ... we are not lucky with our stars staying healthy.

Not as bad as McGrady's back, or Yao's foot, or Grant Hill's foot, or Penny Hardaway's foot. In comparison it's about the same as Hedo's Turkoflu.

Hello everyone,

I am a long time Rockets fan and am curious about Howard's back. Any new info? As you guys already know ... we are not lucky with our stars staying healthy.

It's hard to say. His camp has, understandably so, been pretty quiet about it. In fact, it's pretty much the only thing they've been quiet about for the past year.

Hello everyone,

We are hoping that Howard comes to visit in Orlando and that we can unleash jameer on him and have jameer throw some jabs into Howard's back and take him down.

If Dwight refuses to play for the Magic - can he play overseas? Can we trade him overseas to the Syrian or Iranian league?

Henny to entertain offers from Iran and Syria for Dwight - they both are ok with a rental of Howard.

Hello everyone,

His back is fine, as good as new, like there never was a surgery. No worries on that front..... his head is a totally different issue. Surprised it has not fallen off since it is screwed on so loose.

Not as bad as McGrady's back, or Yao's foot, or Grant Hill's foot, or Penny Hardaway's foot. In comparison it's about the same as Hedo's Turkoflu.

Ok, thanks. There is a doctor that comes on the radio station regularly here in Houston and tries to give a high-level overview of player's injuries. He said that Howard's injury should not be a major issue, but he expressed major concern for Bynum's knees. I always take his comments with a grain of salt, because he has not personally examined these guys. I thought it was interesting, because he is supposed to be one of the best in sports medicine.

I don't think the Rockets will want Bynum if his diagnosis is close to being accurate. Will not take the risk, because we have been down that road.

For what? Two camels, a few crates of illegal arms, a shipment of opiates, and 70 virgins?

way better than what cleveland and the lakers are offering - a camel would probably be ok in the Florida climate.

tough with no news

way better than what cleveland and the lakers are offering - a camel would probably be ok in the Florida climate.

tough with no news

Camels have great stamina and are very strong. Plus you'd save gobs on Gatorade.

Finally, about a week ago, rumors surfaced of Houston’s first concrete offer for the center. The terms of the offer? Get ready for this: Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris and Chandler Parsons plus the draft rights to Lamb, White, and Jones. Apparently, along with Howard, the Rockets would have received some combination of Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Richardson, Glen Davis, and Chris Duhon, all bad contracts.

http://wayoffbase.net/warmup/?p=58997

This guy is hearing a similar offer to what Ping reported. Perhaps its an alias?