Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Another interesting post about Dwight playing for the Lakers by the insider who has been verified to be legit by longtime members of the Rockets forum. I believe that he works for an agent (not Dwight's).

Originally Posted by cyberx

He lives there in the off season. Dwight is HOLLYWOOD... Think about it....

Also Adidas is pushing for it! His contract is coming up and they will double it if he goes to LA. So think about this... Wherever he goes he will make the same amount in NBA money, but why not go somewhere where your endorsements will flourish.

Also, from an agents stand point many don't know this, but agents make 3%-4% on NBA contracts, but 20%-25% on endorsements etc. If you were Dwights agent, where would you want him to go?

I didnt know that and its total BS for the NBA...no wonder small markets lose their stars.

Dwight Howard has moved to second place on the "I really hope he's on the Magic for a long time" list. Glen is number 1. He was one of the best centers in the NBA the last part of the year, has championship experience, is an incredible leader, oh, and is being paid a very very reasonable 6.4 million next year. That has the potential to be one hell of a bargain.

I love having Glen on this team. At the end of last year (really after it became clear Duhon and Hedo and Jason would play their regular minutes), Glen became one of the few reasons I watched almost every game. Dude is genuinely a fun player to watch. Love his effort, love his leadership.

Even SI getting in on the Dwight bashing. Phil Taylor did an open letter to Dwight from LeBron saying Dwight out LeBroned LeBron. Pretty funny.

8:30 mark: "If Dwight doesn't want to be here, let him go because we've got people here that are in love with being in Orlando. Let Dwight do what he needs to do. Rob is doing what he needs to do to make sure that we have the culture in here to win our first championship ever. That's what we need to focus on."

THAT is what leaders say. That is the kind of guy you want on your team. BBD might not be at a level talent-wise that you build a team around. But, he is a guy that can be an integral part of establishing a mindset and attitude for a championship team. This is not a contract that Henny should look to dump to clear cap space. BBD's attitude can be invaluable to help young guys develop in Orlando.

I'm surprised to have been hearing so much BBD hate lately.

Jeff Van Gundy called the BBD/Bass trade stacked in favor of Boston all throughout the playoffs. I liked Bass' production while he was here, but having a PF who can play on the floor with Dwight, then moves over to center is much more valauble and BBD was equally as productive.

Also suprised to hear BBD's name put out there in shedding contracts talks. First of all, Orlando would be lucky to shed Turk, Rich and Duhon as priorities so expecting any more is a bit excessive. But honesty once you start talking about shedding BBD, who do people really think they're going to upgrade to for cheaper? If Omer Asik fetches a 3yr/25 mil contract, people need to get in touch with the reality they're not actually going to find cheaper talent.

My understanding is the salary floor is something like 50 million so shedding all these contracts and signing even less valuable contracts that will immovable down the road defeats the whole purpose. If Dwight does leave Orlando, I think BBD has shown he can be a 20/10 guy when called on to be the the go to guy in the post and his contract will become a very valuable asset in trade talks for Orlando.

Larry Ridley has been on the Rob doesn't want to trade Dwight train for a while now. Maybe this really will be dragged out for another few weeks in hopes of keeping him.

Sports Director for Wesh TV (NBC) Orlando, Fl

Oh, well he should know then.

And if any of you bash Ping and believe Larry Ridley then you can go make a cup of tea using a pot named kettle or something.

Oh, well he should know then.

And if any of you bash Ping and believe Larry Ridley then you can go make a cup of tea using a pot named kettle or something.

I don't care either way, I just told you who he was. I'm of the belief unless its of the caliber of credibility like Woj, Aldridge, etc....I don't really care.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Larry Ridley ‏@mrlarryridley

Spoke w/ source close to Dwight, told he feels like #Magic didn't keep promises but likes Rob Hennigan who is trying to convince him to stay

This goes along with what YBR is saying.

Come on Hennie. A talent like 12 can't be replaced and winning 20 games a year for 2-4 years just isn't appealing.

Larry Ridley has been on the Rob doesn't want to trade Dwight train for a while now. Maybe this really will be dragged out for another few weeks in hopes of keeping him.

Come on Hennie. A talent like 12 can't be replaced and winning 20 games a year for 2-4 years just isn't appealing.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tumblr_lvv9h0JAI61r4052y.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1