Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

There really hasn't been any indication that Houston is looking to receive Bynum. Their sights are set on Dwight and all the talk otherwise is just wishful thinking by Laker fans.

I like the fact that Orlando would be gift wrapping Dwight to Lakers and Lakers fans expect Houston to do it's dirty work and give up all their young talent and picks for their 2nd option.

Houston needs to stop facilitating superstars to LA like they almost did with CP3.

I mean it could be some crazy inverse of Yao-McGrady LOL. The guard being Asian and the center being black lmao.

You seem to think that is hilarious. Yet, I can't see how that is funny, at all, in any sense of humour.

• Downvote 6

Well, if you believe Ping (don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger), he also said in that Fox radio interview that the LEAGUE (as in NBA front office, not other owners) wants Dwight in L.A. because it needs another top-of-the-line team in the West to go with the Thunder. And it doesn't think the Lakers as currently constructed are at that level and that they need him for after when Kobe retires. It's fine with the teams in the East (Miami, Boston, Chicago, New York). I'm not saying I believe that.

As far as why Hennigan is in Vegas....most of the league GMs are there so it's easier to make deals that way -- whether it's signing free agents or trades. He can talk face-to-face with the Lakers and Rockets GMs. Or anyone else who wants to talk with him.

There also was a report that HWNSNBU was meeting with the Lakers today so they could try to convince him to get Dwight to extend. But who knows if that's true?

Someone also said today that at the end of this week, all the Magic execs are taking a week off -- no matter what is still on the table. Seems kind of strange to me considering how much is still to be resolved, but who knows if it's true.

I see a lot of complaining that something hasn't happened yet. If you think about it, by involving the Lakers you are creating a larger list of teams that can be worked with. Has Bynum come out and said that he will only resign with Brooklyn? No, so if you are working with LA you open yourself up to teams that would be willing to part with assets to get Bynum. I would also add that those of you that feel the longer this goes on the greater the chance we get less for Dwight are not thinking this through. If Houston really wants him what happens if we start working with LA or other teams in 3 way deals? They have to adjust to make their offer more attractive. The same thing happens if LA really wants him, or some other team really wants Bynum. Just because some idiot with a Twitter account says something doesn't make it a fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow surprised we don't have ANY interest in Bynum. Why give them Dwight if we don't even want their main piece? I still want to do a straight up deal with Houston.

Of course maybe HOU would rather have Bynum since he would probably stay... but I think Dwight would stay too.

You know what I don't care, just whatever gets us the most from Houston.

I'm sure the Magic would have more interest in Bynum if Bynum had any interest in the Magic, but apparently he doesn't.

Okay...and? You still questioned Rob's ability to get a deal done based off of nothing at all.

And you based Rob's ability to trade a disgruntled star on what again?

I always thought "want a cookie?" was a dumb expression. Of course I want a cookie! What kind of morally degenerate communist doesn't want a cookie?

• Upvote 3

I always thought "want a cookie?" was a dumb expression. Of course I want a cookie! What kind of morally degenerate communist doesn't want a cookie?

Rather have a cheesecake.

Am sure Dwight will either end up with LA by a three team deal with LA/HOU/ORL, or LA/ORL.

Houston will not be giving up everything to land D-12 just for a one year rental without a commitment to sign a deal once he is a free agent.

It seems the Magic are losing leverage everyday that passes by. This will probably not get resolved until probably Monday, and as for Osik the Houston have already presented to the Magic what there offers are going to be possibly if Osik comes to Houston, or if Chicago decides to sign.

• Downvote 2