Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Right, because Rich DeVos needs even more billion of dollars? The entire Orlando Magic team is a gift from him to our city. He knows there's no profit to be made.

^^THIS. Devos only wants a championship for Orlando before he goes to that big Amway distributorship in the sky.

He said today his heart and soul is still in orlando but he feels they played him and he's not sure if this organzation is serious about getting a ring over making money

that's funny. i'm pretty sure everyone familiar with the NBA is asking the same question about dwight. are you serious about winning or making money? i didn't realize those things were mutually exclusive. I feel like he's played the magic organization with this whole mess.

But he was sure that Brooklyn the team that just took an over paid JJ, resigned Brook for an absurd contract, and tossed away a top 5 pick for a chronically injured player on the wrong side of 30 was serious about getting a ring? How has he not been taken for every last cent he has to his name by now? I guess I just have a very different idea of what it means to take steps to become a serious competitor vs throwing money around in a desparate attempt to fill seats in a new building in a large market.

Not to mention his number one trade destination hasn't won anything and he refuses to be traded to a team that is one of the most successful franchises in all of sports. If he demanded a trade to la, boston, san antonio, or chicago then I'd buy this whole rings argument. Its bs. Total bs.

Its definitley not about rings with Dwight . That's a load of bs..dude is just saying whatever he wants to say to somehow shift the blame off himself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But he was sure that Brooklyn the team that just took an over paid JJ, resigned Brook for an absurd contract, and tossed away a top 5 pick for a chronically injured player on the wrong side of 30 was serious about getting a ring? How has he not been taken for every last cent he has to his name by now? I guess I just have a very different idea of what it means to take steps to become a serious competitor vs throwing money around in a desparate attempt to fill seats in a new building in a large market.

Touche

The only good move they have done this summer is the signing of CJ watson.

Right, because Rich DeVos needs even more billion of dollars? The entire Orlando Magic team is a gift from him to our city. He knows there's no profit to be made.

I agree here... I hate to say it because I don't like it when others bash my sources but come on YBR.. I actually really hope your full of it and this is not true because with the amount we paid on contracts and the level this organization had been ran the last 5 years we have done nothing but throw money away! Now has the money been mismanaged?? Yes.. But that's different from your statement. There is something missing with Howard and what's coming out.. I doubt he has a problem with RDV.. Otis is gone, Stan is gone, there was a very unusual exit by Bob Vanderwide.. This has to be player driven, money driven via sponsers, or agent driven for his wants.. or is he really just this childish?

Ybr is not full of it, but Dwight is.

How sure you are YBR is really texting/tweeting Dwight and not one of his people passing themselves as Dwight. :lurk:

It's not like we havent done this before..

See Rashard Lewis signing, Marcin Gortat match, Trade for Hedo's bad contract that we originally said no to, VCs bad contract, Gilbert's horrific contract, signing Brandon Bass .. Let's not forget about Duhon as well..

Things have changed this year however.. Old management would have kept Anderson all day long and would have payed jameer 2-3 mil more a season and locked him down earlier to an extension..

Dwight is more to blame for this organization not landing top agents the last year and a half more than anyone.. If he would have kept his mouth shut, supported our system and actually recruited some of these top free agents or trades like Chris Paul and showed publicly a disire to stay here we wouldnt be having this conversation at this point and there would be a good chance we would have DWill here as it was his choice on where he wanted to go.

He said today his heart and soul is still in Orlando but he feels they played him and he's not sure if this organization is serious about getting a ring over making money

Part of the reason he feels that way is because he is majorly hindering the success of the organization right now. If he would come out and publicly state that he is going to re-sign in 2013 then free agents would want to come and play in Orlando and help him get his ring. The way he has been acting the last year+ he's making the organization look like fools. If Good Job Rob had a commitment from him to stay then he could get to work making trades to make the team better instead of trying to figure out how to move on without Dwight. The ball is in Dwight's court but he's behind by 1 with 3 seconds left on the clock...

• Upvote 1