Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I think Houston still has to offer Lin and Asik and wait for them to be matched. Also I assume not everyone will be in this trade but it is probably figuring out contracts and the like.

Also just to add this and I could be on an island here but Turk's contract is pretty valuable at the deadline or over next summer so if we had to keep him it is not big deal.

If Asik is not matched it could make this trade a little more difficult. Also, what we don't know is Dwight's status- he could at any minute increase the list of teams he is willing to be traded to or state under no circumstances will he resign with Houston- this could send the deal into places unknown.

The Magic have one huge asset in this entire ordeal- Hakeem , who still lives in Houston half the year and has a relationship with Dwight

If dwight decides to come out and make a statement apologizing. Will you trust him? Don't you think this will be coming directly fromFegan?

I just dont care for his statements anymore.

Unless, of course, he fires HWNSNBU.

If we get the Houston deal I could care less what Dwight says...I'll be happy to watch some people play the game they love through heart and hustle. Not just people who think very highly of themselves or are playing for the money or the ring.

Also just to add this and I could be on an island here but Turk's contract is pretty valuable at the deadline or over next summer so if we had to keep him it is not big deal.

Yeah, it's not as if the team needs to clear up cap space to sign free agents this offseason. As tempting as it is to get rid of Hedo and his contract just on general principles, I'm also pretty ok with the idea of the team hanging onto him for now if that's the way things work out.

I think Houston still has to offer Lin and Asik and wait for them to be matched. Also I assume not everyone will be in this trade but it is probably figuring out contracts and the like.

I got you; I thought there was maybe more than that. Definitely have to wait for offersheets & amnesty to take place to be resolved.

Can't wait to go to a couple games next year. I hope these rookies have a good attitude and bond with each other. Hoping Jameer, if still on the roster, has his annual off-season "mini-camp" with these young guys to start the process.

This is actually funny. Were sending Howard to Houston of all places with 4 players he cant win with. Too funny but it will be miserable for him. Thats what he gets.

Yeah, it's not as if the team needs to clear up cap space to sign free agents this offseason. As tempting as it is to get rid of Hedo and his contract just on general principles, I'm also pretty ok with the idea of the team hanging onto him for now if that's the way things work out.

If we're going to suck next season might as well keep Turk. He'll be sure to lead us to the lottery.

If they take back 3 of the 4 bad contracts can the fourth we keep please be Big Baby? I wan't him still on the roster for now. The guy is a leader and between him and Jameer we need leaders in a locker room that will be so young.

But on the other hand lets look at what we could potentially be bringing in:

Terrence Jones: Top 10 lottery talent who played on a loaded Kentucky team. The guy has all-star level talent on par with the UK guys who went 1 and 2. The reason he didn't go as high in the draft was due to questions on body language and work ethic and a dip in minutes (which could be attributed to playing next two top 2 picks). He also is not easily defined. Is he a PF or a SF? This is a legitimate question. The kid has the foot speed and athleticism to play the 3, and the strength and length to play the 4.

Royce White: The most interesting player in the draft. We are talking about a 6'8 SF/PF 260 lbs who is as good of a ball handler and passer as a point guard and a nightly threat for a triple double in college. Does this remind you of anyone? Before we go MVP comparisons yet though he does have his weaknesses though. A little out of shape, and a huge anxiety problem with flying will make it interesting in how he transitions to the NBA.

Jeremy Lamb: Not sure about this guy but the talent is there. Long wingspan, good athleticism, efficient scorer and range well beyond the 3 point line. The question is more about work ethic and drive. If he can learn from JJ in that regards, he can be a good player.

Chandler Parsons: Someone that we actually have an NBA stat sheet on. Home town boy who played at Lake Howell high school. Great athleticism, rebounding, clutch shooter (see numerous florida game winners) good vision and passing ability. Needs to work on his dribble and drive, defense, and add some more muscle to his frame. Think Hedo Turkoglu with an actual motor and work ethic. If we pull Parsons out of this trade I will be estatic. This kid is good and I know that first hand. Played against him in high school.

Appreciate the breakdown. I'd heard Jones was a tweener and assumed that meant he was too slow to play 3 and not big enough for 4.

I'm a Gator and I once heard Coach Schyatt (Billy's Top Assistant now at Wymonig) talk about tempering kids expectations. It was right after Calathes headed to Greece. Larry was talking about how kids get built up by their high school coaches and their AAU coaches. "Everyone tells them they are sure fire NBA. When they get here and the don't get the minutes they want, or don't get the freedom they want, it irks them because they have this perception of their game that doesn't match the reality. For instance, during this time of year, we meet with each player individually and talk about the season that just ended, what we see for them next season and what we really need them to work on. So I'm sitting in Billy's office with Chandler Parsons. You've never met a greater kid, but Chandler at times does this thing where he tries to mask some of his self doubt by being overly confident. Anyway we talk about the season that just ended and ask him what he sees for himself next year. He says that he thinks he can be a top 20 pick at the end of his Junior year. I'm starting to smile, but Coach Donnovan just continues to look at him. Chandler says well so and so just went in the top 20 and I've got a similar game. Billy nods his head and says 'Yeah. I can see that. Except that guy has a little better developed shot... he rebounds which you don't do... when he plays defense he doesn't have burn marks all over his jersey like you and when he handles the ball he doesn't turn it over half the time. Other than that he is just like you." Schyatt said that Donnovan got up and walked out of the office shaking his head (I imagine he was thinking I thought I got away from this prima dona crap when I left Orlando at the alter). Schyatt said "I looked at Chandler and just started laughing."

If you look at Chandler's numbers between his sophmore and junior season you will see that he apparently took that as a challenge and imporved both his 3 pt accuracy, his rebounding and his ballhandling. By the end of his senior season he was one of the better defenders on the team. I believe Kobe even commented on his defense last year. Billy has had more talented players come through the system, but I think Chandler Parsons may be the poster child for how Billy can get a player ready for the NBA over a full 4 years in his system. Wonder where Nicky would be now if he hadn't bolted for Greece.

• Upvote 1