Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

dwight will do a new gimmick so he wouldn't be thrown to houston,then will leave us on FA

I can see this too, only problem is his options are terrible for teams with cap space next year. He really screwed himself by opting in!!

If we make this trade, don't be surprised if we start taking on bad contracts for draft picks. Its gonna be difficult trying to get to the mandatory cap floor unless we keep hedo.

Not a cap expert by any stretch but how would this trade even work – if we sent them D12, Hedo, J-Rich and DuDu thats $40m, and we take back what, Martin at $12m and a load of rookies, even if they traded their whole team the salaries wouldn’t work.

I am not saying we would get rid of all 4 of those but as an extreme. Even Hedo and Dwight would still be $31m and that looks like the max they can take, and thats if they amnesty Scola

DOM can you explain this any further?

DOM can you explain this any further?

They're under the CAP by roughly 19m or so before roster penalties.

As long as any trade they make leaves them still under the CAP, the salary matching rules don't apply.

• Upvote 1

So that allows them to take back some contracts without sending any? Martin is 12,439,675 so they can take back up to 125% correct that would be 15.5 and dwight is making 19.8... .

How much under they cap are they?

So that allows them to take back some contracts without sending any? How much under are they? Martin is 12,439,675 so they can take back up to 125% correct that would be 15.5 and dwight is making 19.8... .

How much under they cap are they?

Ok so basically we send dwight in one trade they are under the cap... then they send kmart and they take back up to 15.5 with kmart trading.

I bet we send 2 or 3 mil in cash too

They're under the CAP by roughly 19m or so before roster penalties.

As long as any trade they make leaves them still under the CAP, the salary matching rules don't apply.

Thanks man, makes sense now, I was thinking this was too good to be true but we will see.

I just woke up from a Dwightmare on Friday the 13th..

What kind of super hero would Rob be if he dealt this Dwightmare on Friday the 13th??

Not a cap expert by any stretch but how would this trade even work – if we sent them D12, Hedo, J-Rich and DuDu thats $40m, and we take back what, Martin at $12m and a load of rookies, even if they traded their whole team the salaries wouldn’t work.

I am not saying we would get rid of all 4 of those but as an extreme. Even Hedo and Dwight would still be $31m and that looks like the max they can take, and thats if they amnesty Scola

Unfortunately the ESPN trade machine doesn't allow you to void these non guaranteed deals Houston has

Right now ESPN has Houston with -1.9 caproom but that is WITH Dalembert, inexplicably still on the roster. he's not.

Removing him creates approx 5 mil cap room.

Amnesty to Scola creates 14

When you send Martin/Parsons/Patterson/Morris to Orlando, that's 17.33 million outgoing

Sending in Dwight/BBD/DUDU/Jrich sends 34.95 incoming

Houston then only needs about 3 million in caproom

once you waive some of those unguaranteed deals, Houston does then, have the caproom, to make such a trade

Then add in White, Jones, and Lamb, plus 3 firsts? it's an amazing deal for Orlando if it is infact true