Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

This reeks of a certain someone...

oops i typed that wrong. My gf is strapped in her bed.. she likes being tied down. I also meant no disrespect about not being on here all day. I just cant refresh the page all day every 5 mins. i have important things to do

Rockets will use amnesty provision on Luis Scola to clear cap space in pursuit of Dwight Howard

In one more significant step in the Houston Rockets’ relentless pursuit of Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard, the Rockets will use the amnesty provision on forward Luis Scola to clear further salary cap space, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Houston and Orlando have been in consistent discussions over the past three days, and Houston has shown a desire to stop at nothing to make a deal for Howard and try to convince him to sign a contract extension, sources said. Nevertheless, there’s no trade imminent, nor a deal structure that is anywhere near in place between the teams. Orlando remains in talks with several teams, sources said.

The Rockets can absorb Howard’s contract, along with Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Richardson. The Rockets are offering multiple first-round picks and a selection of its best, young player assets, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo....dGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Let's do this, baby!!!

• Upvote 1

I just cant refresh the page all day every 5 mins. i have important things to do

I partially edited your post. I'm not sure what you're up to, and I don't necessarily think you are who the other members think you are, but please cool it.

It does seem like a pretty serious breach. I mean, some agents have handshake deals with certain teams, but they never forget who's paying their salaries: they do what's best for their client. It doesn't seem like HWNSNBU's doing that.

Not sure why Dwight's sticking with him unless he's phenomenally impressionable or breathtakingly stupid. Or, most likely, HWNSNBU is doing exactly what Dwight wants him to....

I don't know bro, I'm excited to see what all the young players can do. I don't know about you, but part of me enjoyed watching the Heart and Hustle team.

Not to mention, if this goes down, it pretty much wipes the slate clean and allows Hennigan to begin rebuilding now. I like it.

• Downvote 3

What's awesome about this situation for the Magic is that it will force all teams to bring their best offers to the table. Perfect scenario

We need to take the Houston deal already, it won't get any better than this.

Agree. We got to take it before they change their mind.

LOL I was just thinking...

Am I nuts for being excited over shipping our franchise player out of town?

:shard:

Agree. We got to take it before they change their mind.

I hope they do it soon, but considering they traded their only PG for a valuable draft pick and amnestied a pretty good player that in effect puts them below the cap minimum, I'm not sure if they change their mind. Houston seems to have visions of Dwight dancing in their heads.