Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Listen boy. Do your research. Houston is not trading any of their own picks because of the protection on the Atlanta pick, they can't (for awhile) and you can only trade picks 7 years out. Have you not read Larry Coon's FAQ you doof.

The picks being discussed are the ones that are owed to them. Stop acting like you know more than a 5th grader.

This and THIS will get you in trouble!

• Upvote 1

I'm going to give him a moment. I'm thinking he might not have realized who he was responding to.

Sorry LOD, I was having a bad day at work. Our fax machine said "paper jam" but there was no paper jam. You feel me..

It won't happen again (because I left work and now am on a 16.5 hour drinking binge.) Thank you for understanding.

Sorry LOD, I was having a bad day at work. Our fax machine said "paper jam" but there was no paper jam. You feel me..

It won't happen again (because I left work and now am on a 16.5 hour drinking binge.) Thank you for understanding.

Dont never ever type and drink..

How does having a bad day at work account for blatantly insulting someone several times on a friggin message board?

How does having a bad day at work account for blatantly insulting someone several times on a friggin message board?

By several you mean, once?

• Upvote 1

Ok, question for those who understand the salary cap rules and signing rules ...

If Dwight agreed .... could the Magic sign him to a max contract now as part of a sign and trade or does Dwight have to wait until his contract is expiring to sign a 5 year deal? Could the Magic extend him now for 4 or 5 years as part of a sign and trade since he doesn't want to be in Orlando?

If Houston signed him, would they have to wait until the end of the season to offer him a 5 year contract? If they could get him to extend could they do it during the season - could they do 4 years or 5 years?

In regard to the extra money - if Dwight signed with someone else after 4 years, he basically wouldn't be losing any money - he would just be getting his fifth year in the first year of a new contract - just running the risk of getting injured and not getting a new contract after 4 years.

How much more can he get over 4 years? - how much more money can he get over 4 years with his current team - now the Magic, but hopefully soon the Rockets.

Here is your opportunity to share/show your knowledge.

He could, if not injured sign two or three consecutive 4 year deals - thus a 5 year deal may not make that much of a difference.

Feel free to correct me - when adding a 5th year they talk about all the money that he would be turning down, but again if not injured he would get it the first year of a new deal.

I'll try. If Dwight signed right now it would be an extension of 3 years for like 68mil. Same thing if traded. If he waited til aftrr his contract runs out he could sign a deal of 5yrs 108mil. Technically he'd get paid slightly more per year if he extended and in Dwights flip flop case would probably be better for him. If after 3 years and nothing has really been made better then leave.

By several you mean, once?

"boy", "doof", "5th grader".

now admittedly, i can't count, but i'm pretty sure that's more than once.

• Upvote 1

Ask dwight..he is having a lot of that lately.

Man, your job sounds horrible!

• Upvote 1

"boy", "doof", "5th grader".

now admittedly, i can't count, but i'm pretty sure that's more than once.

No need to drag this.. Carry on. This is about dwight.

• Upvote 1

No need to drag this.. Carry on. This is about dwight.

Well said....it has been handled let's move on with the discussion folks.