Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555

New report: D12 still wants a trade from #Magic. My question: Is that Dwight's feeling or his agent's? Division there before (See: March).

Houston.. Here we come..

My $0.02 on the OKC deal: Yeah, it would be awesome for both teams. However, that deal WOULD potentially compromise the future of OKC since Dwight has given no indication he'd consider re-signing there. He'd be crazy not to, of course, but we all know at this point Dwight isn't exactly the most logical person.

Presti's whole philosophy is to plan for the future/keep flexibility/build a sustainable team. I'm not sure he'd be willing sacrifice a core that can compete for the next 5-7 years for a potential one-and-done situation.

• Upvote 1

New report: D12 still wants a trade from #Magic. My question: Is that Dwight's feeling or his agent's? Division there before (See: March).

who really cares who's feelings they are? Honestly, I do not. Unless Dwight has such a divide that he fires HWNSNBU, HWNSNBU = Dwight and therefore I'm over him. Be gone kid, PLEASE give me Lamb/White/K-Mart/Patterson/1st rounders - I am SO ready.

I have to disagree with the outcome of DwightAlmighty going to OKC. He is a major force on the defensive end of the court, but in reality he is a liability at the offensive end. He lacks the discipline and dedication to improve his free throw percentage and so will always be fouled late in a close game. Where DA went bad is when he listened to the comments of Shaq who said he (DA) was not effective because he was not averaging 30 points and 20 rebounds a game. That was when DA started demanding the ball and that is when he really went downhill. Send him to OKC, and watch the OKC offense and the locker room implode.

In terms of where I would like to see Dwight go:

Houston offers a serious chance to kick start our rebuilding process.

OKC could offer a nice package of players, but would that put us in a situation where we are stuck in mediocrity instead of hitting ground zero and building back up again? I would hate to keep squeaking into the playoffs and getting stuck with crappy draft picks.

I would, however, love to see Dwight on OKC from an entertainment stand point. I think that squad would absolutely destroy the Heat.

OKC could offer a nice package of players, but would that put us in a situation where we are stuck in mediocrity instead of hitting ground zero and building back up again? I would hate to keep squeaking into the playoffs and getting stuck with crappy draft picks.

There' s no guarantee that a player of Harden's caliber is going to be in the next draft, but I understand what you're saying.

Hennigan said it best: the Orlando media is attempting to oversimplify an incredibly complicated situation, and I'm glad that he's assessing it from every angle. Even at Dwight's expense (which is losing value by the day anyway), if a team gives us the opportunity to shed some of our bad contracts in addition to a couple of draft picks, I don't see a better offer out there. Orlando is, historically, a pretty appealing spot for NBA players so we should have no issue being big players in the next free agency period.

There' s no guarantee that a player of Harden's caliber is going to be in the next draft, but I understand what you're saying.

Hennigan said it best: the Orlando media is attempting to oversimplify an incredibly complicated situation, and I'm glad that he's assessing it from every angle. Even at Dwight's expense (which is losing value by the day anyway), if a team gives us the opportunity to shed some of our bad contracts in addition to a couple of draft picks, I don't see a better offer out there. Orlando is, historically, a pretty appealing spot for NBA players so we should have no issue being players in the next free agency period.

Amen brother did you stop taking your dumb pills or something?

Rob: Dwight See you at Training Camp

Dwight: I dont know Rob, the back is still bothering me...

Rob: Keep it up and your knees will be bothering you after my trip to LA to look at your records...

Fagan: Hey dont talk to my client like that..

Rob: Shut up Dan, Ill shove you in a trunk and drive around Orlando untill Dwight gets traded...get the hint?

Fagan: Dwight, Rob might be building the best team in the NBA in Orlando..you might want to stay

Dwight: Wow... you got #Swag Rob...now get rid of that troll Jareth from the boards and ill sign on the line.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

who really cares who's feelings they are? Honestly, I do not. Unless Dwight has such a divide that he fires HWNSNBU, HWNSNBU = Dwight and therefore I'm over him. Be gone kid, PLEASE give me Lamb/White/K-Mart/Patterson/1st rounders - I am SO ready.

i agree. the "bad advice" schtick is played out. whatever dwight's planning to do to repair his rep in case he somehow ends up staying here will not have any hope of working unless it begins with firing HWNSNBU.

hoping i see a scola amnesty today.

Rob: Dwight See you at Training Camp

Dwight: I dont know Rob, the back is still bothering me...

Rob: Keep it up and your knees will be bothering you after my trip to LA to look at your records...

Fagan: Hey dont talk to my client like that..

Rob: Shut up Dan, Ill shove you in a trunk and drive around Orlando untill Dwight gets traded...get the hint?

Fagan: Dwight, Rob might be building the best team in the NBA in Orlando..you might want to stay

Dwight: Wow... you got #Swag Rob...now get rid of that troll Jareth from the boards and ill sign on the line.

IS THIS AN ACTUAL TRANSCRIPT OH HEAVENS THAT ROB GUY HAS SOME STONES WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

LOL Denton trolling rudolph and bucher!!

My experience is 90% of the "source" stories out now are leaks from agents. Sometimes the player and agent aren't on same page.#Grainofsalt

Dwight understands Brooklyn is no longer an option, right? If not its pretty clear the guy just isn't very bright

Orlando is, historically, a pretty appealing spot for NBA players so we should have no issue being big players in the next free agency period.

I'd also like to add that it makes even more sense for Orlando to deal with Houston because not only are they offering what we desire most (prospects & CAP relief), they've also missed out on virtually every big free agent for the past two seasons. They're desperately craving a star to get out of mediocrity and may be the only team out there willing to rent Dwight for a single season.

And yes, I just quoted myself.