Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19565402/with-nets-out-of-picture-magic-see-their-howard-leverage-slip-away

There are opposing viewpoints on whether Howard was coerced into doing so or simply got cold feet, but suffice it to say that action by the players' union on Howard's behalf in this matter has about the same chance of happening as Lopez being traded Thursday. As in, zero.

When the Magic's season mercifully ended, the team fired coach Stan Van Gundy and mutually agreed to part ways with general manager Otis Smith. There would be a new sheriff in town, Hennigan, except that he was inheriting an old problem that was made worse by not being resolved when it should have been.

The Magic do have one thing going for them. Well, two. They have a bright, well-thought-of GM whose San Antonio and Oklahoma City pedigree suggests he will do the right thing. But they also have this: Unlike the Knicks, where Carmelo Anthony wanted to go in 2011, the team Howard has targeted will not have the cap room to sign him as an unrestricted free agent next summer. So if Howard is going to continue clinging to his hope of landing in Brooklyn, he has to play nice and give Hennigan a chance. He has to give him more teams to negotiate with.

It's time for Dwight to make a new list. And it's time for the Magic to once again start counting the days until he's gone. Both could take longer than anybody would like.

• Upvote 1

Hennigan doesn't strike me as desperate to keep Dwight.

In all likelihood HWNSNBU put this out to make the Magic look bad

Bucher ain't gettin his info from Orlando, there's only 1 place it's coming from.....and everytime it has an agenda

Oh, Jesus Christ. A lynch mob, really? Blow things out of proportion much?

Hi

Let's recap: A guy that has been a member on this forum for almost 2 years and knows how the people here enjoy inside information decides he is going to post in the most active thread on the boards that he has inside information but, alas, he isn't allowed to share it with anyone. He then promptly responds to every reply that he gets with, "Oh, gee, no....I'm sorry. I can't. I just can't" Like he was originally planning on telling us everything but then his "source" called him at zero hour to plead for his ****ing discretion. Then he does what every "insider" does when he really doesn't know anything and drops the vaguest hints possible. "It's something that may happen today or maybe even a little later". "It may affect Dwight Howard." "I'm pretty sure the ****ing Magic are involved....if that helps." Finally, he completely defies whatever bull**** reasons he has for not posting it on the main forum by offering to tell people in the chat room.

Honestly, why does anyone do this other than to get attention? Like I said before, I don't give a crap if he has info or not. I don't care if he shares the info or not. What drives me effing bonkers is people that come on to this forum and claim they have info but don't share it (while stringing people along all day with promises that more info will come) and people that are constantly clamoring for new inside info from any person that has ever claimed to know anything that isn't common knowledge. Phenom by claiming to know something and not sharing it has guaranteed that this thread will evolve into an endless stream of **** full of the 2 things that irritate me the most on this forum.

And again, I have no problem with people that post info that they claim to have here. Catman, for example, is a poster that I have a lot of respect for that I know definitely gets some info from inside the Magic organization on occasion. When he does, he posts it here and I take it for what it is worth and thank him for the information....regardless of if it comes to fruition or not. What Catman doesn't do is subject this forum to some bull**** hints that he may know something and sit back and watch all the people beg him to share it. That's the difference.

This.

Just share the info and move on. Shouldnt be a big deal. Its just a rumor right. But us magic are desperate for any news these days good or bad. It is not that serious. I just dont understand why people would hate someone for sharing something they heard. Just gives us something to think and talk about just like any other rumor we heard.

Oh, Jesus Christ. A lynch mob, really? Blow things out of proportion much?

Let's recap: A guy that has been a member on this forum for almost 2 years and knows how the people here enjoy inside information decides he is going to post in the most active thread on the boards that he has inside information but, alas, he isn't allowed to share it with anyone. He then promptly responds to every reply that he gets with, "Oh, gee, no....I'm sorry. I can't. I just can't" Like he was originally planning on telling us everything but then his "source" called him at zero hour to plead for his ****ing discretion. Then he does what every "insider" does when he really doesn't know anything and drops the vaguest hints possible. "It's something that may happen today or maybe even a little later". "It may affect Dwight Howard." "I'm pretty sure the ****ing Magic are involved....if that helps." Finally, he completely defies whatever bull**** reasons he has for not posting it on the main forum by offering to tell people in the chat room.

Honestly, why does anyone do this other than to get attention? Like I said before, I don't give a crap if he has info or not. I don't care if he shares the info or not. What drives me effing bonkers is people that come on to this forum and claim they have info but don't share it (while stringing people along all day with promises that more info will come) and people that are constantly clamoring for new inside info from any person that has ever claimed to know anything that isn't common knowledge. Phenom by claiming to know something and not sharing it has guaranteed that this thread will evolve into an endless stream of **** full of the 2 things that irritate me the most on this forum.

And again, I have no problem with people that post info that they claim to have here. Catman, for example, is a poster that I have a lot of respect for that I know definitely gets some info from inside the Magic organization on occasion. When he does, he posts it here and I take it for what it is worth and thank him for the information....regardless of if it comes to fruition or not. What Catman doesn't do is subject this forum to some bull**** hints that he may know something and sit back and watch all the people beg him to share it. That's the difference.

This. So very much this.

for anyone interested, David Baumann will have Schmitz, Robbins, & Kyler on his show over the next 90 mins. and not for nothing, it's a good local show to listen to, 9am-11am, daily.

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/espn-1080-station/

All four of the guys mentioned above are around the team on a regular basis. So, they have access to the players, the GM, the staff, etc. As such, they ARE a good source of information about what is going on, and they can offer highly informed opinions. Listening to these guys discuss the Magic would be informative and insightful.

Now comes the "but"...they will not be able to provide insight into the mind of Rob Hennigan. And at this moment, the entire Magic world is relegated to his mind and his "process."

• Upvote 1

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8159324/dwight-howard-nixes-orlando-magic-gm-rob-hennigan-new-plea-source-says

Hennigan, the source said, based his plea on the fact that he was new to the organization and had not been party to the issues that drove Howard to make his trade request.

Team president Alex Martins, who also was on the call, the source said, made a similar plea to Howard last winter when he took control of basketball decisions over GM Otis Smith and coach Stan Van Gundy.

Howard was not willing to change his stance, the source said.

"I already heard that from the other guy on the phone," said Howard, according to the source.

Stay classy Dwight!

Stay classy Dwight!

He wants to play the "man" game. Too much video game playing.

If that is true... He is not doing himself a favor.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8159324/dwight-howard-nixes-orlando-magic-gm-rob-hennigan-new-plea-source-says

Hennigan, the source said, based his plea on the fact that he was new to the organization and had not been party to the issues that drove Howard to make his trade request.

Team president Alex Martins, who also was on the call, the source said, made a similar plea to Howard last winter when he took control of basketball decisions over GM Otis Smith and coach Stan Van Gundy.

Howard was not willing to change his stance, the source said.

"I already heard that from the other guy on the phone," said Howard, according to the source.

The other guy on the phone WTF didnt say his name but refers to alex as the other guy. So disrespectful.

By the way, in speaking with the junkyard dog last night (Ball Junkie), he informed me that the calls he made to Spain about Fran a couple of years ago were from his wife's cell... and it turns out they didn't have an international calling plan. Lol!!!

Soul Bro - tell Junkie, I want him back on the website and I want him to bring an attitude.