Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Some would call that leverage aka Hennigan doing his job. There's no rush from our perspective...don't lose sight of that Magic faithful

I doubt Dwight is here by Friday, I wouldn't call it a rush, but I doubt we're going to sit out and wait. I think the Magic are done with him and ready to move on. Too bad we'll get terrible value in a trade no matter what.

• Upvote 1

I doubt Dwight is here by Friday, I wouldn't call it a rush, but I doubt we're going to sit out and wait. I think the Magic are done with him and ready to move on. Too bad we'll get terrible value in a trade no matter what.

How are you getting a terrible trade with the 3 team trade with la/houston/magic?

EXPLAIN PLZ

Toronto's pick is only Top 3 protected next year.

There are slim chances the Raptors would be that bad and thus end up with a top 3 pick (knock on wood), but do you know the protections the following years?

The latest "Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Rockets, picks and youth to Magic" scenario is the first one that has gotten me excited.

what is the scenario for that one

Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA

The feeling regarding #Magic move of Dwight is it will be done by week's end. Feeling is this will be a lease- rent-to-own, figuratively.

Perfect, no one cares about Dwight once he's gone. Good f'in riddance. Its all about where the Magic are once we purge this dousche

How are you getting a terrible trade with the 3 team trade with la/houston/magic?

EXPLAIN PLZ

You're getting draft picks that likely won't end up near the top and some rookies/young players with limited upside for the 2nd best player in the league. It is terrible value, as will nearly any deal we make. But I'm not overly thrilled about this deal, the only positive is we'll be so bad that we should hopefully be in positio to land a star if we're lucky.

• Upvote 1

Some would call that leverage aka Hennigan doing his job. There's no rush from our perspective...don't lose sight of that Magic faithful

While I agree that the Magic are in no rush I do believe If they wait too long they could lose the Rockets deal. It's no secret the Rockets are looking to make moves and could possibly move on if someone else become available or if they decide tanking with all those #1's is the best course.

Now if the Magic are just using the Rockets to drive up others bid...no big deal. However if they think the rockets might be the best option I would not drag this out much longer.

You're getting draft picks that likely won't end up near the top and some rookies/young players with limited upside for the 2nd best player in the league. It is terrible value, as will nearly any deal we make. But I'm not overly thrilled about this deal, the only positive is we'll be so bad that we should hopefully be in positio to land a star if we're lucky.

How exactly are you getting bad draft picks?

You will likely get 1-5 pick and a 10-15 pick, and maybe more picks plus young rookies

plus they shed salary or unless you want the nets deal.

@ESPNSteinLine

If Magic want best player? Trade w/Lakers. Best package of players? Hawks. Blow it up? Rockets. But what city Dwight wants? Nets

@ESPNSteinLine

If Magic want best player? Trade w/Lakers. Best package of players? Hawks. Blow it up? Rockets. But what city Dwight wants? Nets

Hard to argue against that.