Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

S&T CLee or Kevin Martin or Jeremy Lamb>Damion James(nets trade)

Devin Ebanks or Chandler Parsons>Luke Walton and Sheldon Williams and Turkoglu(nets trade)

Scola (Tradebait)> Lopez(nets trade)

Toronto Drafts Pick> Nets Draft Pick w/ D12

Sounds like a good trade to me and BTW we should try to get Darius Morris or Andrew Guedlock to compete with Maalik Wayns for backup PG(Assuming we lose duhon and Ish)

Much, much, MUCH better than the garbage Nets offer. This sounds perfect tbh.. much easier path to rebuild, no messy sign and trades, etc.

Really hope this pans out. Of course, it won't.

Yep, agree completely. It's a 'cleaner' package, if you will. K-Mart expires next season and leaves after a year of tanking, lamb/white use the year to develop, along with guys like oquinn/nicholson/harper/liggins, then we get a high lottery pick.

Is anyone else concerned though, that we likely won't shed one of JRich/Hedo/Baby in this deal?

The trade is a good one if you ask me. Not the Nets one, but the one where Orlando obtains a large amount of picks, and has the chance to develop a talented core. Watching our guys in Summer League today, I realized that we have some talent on the court. These are guys with roughly no NBA experience save Harper and Liggins, who are playing their hearts out. It makes me remember what watching potential slowly, but surely develop looks like. Guys, don't be worried...this deal helps us, and in not in a way that we will contend this year, but in a way that we will have a solid franchise in the future by being under the cap and having high draft picks. Imagine if the Raptors tank again this year and we get a top 5 pick out of that? Imagine the Dallas Mavericks who traded their pick to Houston, weak, and aging....their draft pick may or may not be a top 10 pick. Then our draft pick, that pick will be a top 5 pick because our team will be in full on rebuild mode and more than likely will tank. So we have 3 top 10 picks. Then add we might get Lamb, Martins expiring, Parsons, and Royce White with fillers to make the deal work on top of our group of guys we have now. Now tell me this is a bad deal again? Cap flexibility and picks, this is what Hennigan wants, and this is the trade that I want too.

i'm not so sure about the mavs being that bad, yet, and remember to take summer league games with a huge grain of salt. it would look promising, though.

Yep, agree completely. It's a 'cleaner' package, if you will. K-Mart expires next season and leaves after a year of tanking, lamb/white use the year to develop, along with guys like oquinn/nicholson/harper/liggins, then we get a high lottery pick.

Is anyone else concerned though, that we likely won't shed one of JRich/Hedo/Baby in this deal?

I like Big Bavis.

We will lose but the team will be so fun to watch with all the young talent developing. It won't be a bunch of crappy veterans running a bad system and going through the motions like before.

Exactly, I'd much rather tank watching guys like parsons, white, lamb, harper, nicholson, liggins, oquinn than old ****ty vets.

However, won't we get stuck with our old ****ty vets if we do this deal?

Sounds good on the surface except for the fact that by the time the team is any good again, the players will wind up leaving. Sorry for the pessimism, but this team hasn't done anything to prove to me otherwise that it wont happen again. This whole discussion reminds me of the last FA we lost (T-mac) and how when howard emerged, we all felt he was the humble duncan type who would never do this to us again. Well, if he can change (and the hometown kid Tmac could change) then anyone can change. Id still feel better having something come back to us that we can have as a strong foundation (eg bynum).

@MySportsLegion

Lakers, Magic & Rockets in talks which would send Dwight to LA, Bynum to Rockets & tons of picks to Magic, nothing "serious" yet, per source

That is best case scenario, in my opinion, at this point. I'd be comfortable with that. Would be even better if we could unload some bad contracts.

• Downvote 2

I like Big Bavis.

So do I, to be honest. He's the least of my concerns out of the guys earning big money.

Do you guys think that if we make this deal (ie. Kmart comes in) we're likely to trade Redick's expiring?

I still think there's a chance we could find a place to offload JRIch, even if it's in February, and I don't mind having Davis.

Nobody wants Hedo.