Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Brian K. Schmitz‏@MagicInsider

At 5 p.m., Magic inclined to take "best deal," aren't entertaining idea of playing hardball to keep Dwight longer to enhance another trade

Oh Boy Here We Go!

And yeah, if Bryum comes here and blows out his knee in his first game in a Magic uniform, everybody will be wishing the Magic would have taken the Nets deal

No, because:

1) the Magic will still get the cap space after the season by not extending Bynum; and

2) the Magic will not have acquired Brook Lopez and signed him to the required sign and trade deal; and

3) Dwight will not have forced his way to Brooklyn and will not be able to do so because the Nets won't have cap room to sign him

So, all in all, a Bynum knee blowout will be a more palatable outcome

And yeah, if Bryum comes here and blows out his knee in his first game in a Magic uniform, everybody will be wishing the Magic would have taken the Nets deal

Not quite. We can then let him walk for cap space.

No, because:

1) the Magic will still get the cap space after the season by not extending Bynum; and

2) the Magic will not have acquired Brook Lopez and signed him to the required sign and trade deal; and

3) Dwight will not have forced his way to Brooklyn and will not be able to do so because the Nets won't have cap room to sign him

So, all in all, a Bynum knee blowout will be a more palatable outcome

and LOTTO PICKS.

Alton D. Clark ‏@CoachAltonClark

Media Guy: "Are you aware Drummond was a high pick?" O'Quinn: " *Befuddled look* Are YOU aware? I could careless."

I already like O'Quinn just for his FU attitude alone

So with that tweet, I will assume we can hear something between now and early tomorrow with FA starting at 12:01. REALLY hope this isn't us gift wrapping Dwight to Nets. Come on Henny!!

Not quite. We can then let him walk for cap space.

Very realist comment Mak and I agree. With Bynum we get a 1 year look on the cheap at a smaller contract before we decide to offer the major contract... plus we could always trade him to Houston at the deadline for basically the same package they are offering for Dwight. If his knees go we still get out after 1 season and get cap space.