Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

If winning was all he cared about he would have chosen a number of teams over the Nets. He chose them minus Wallace, JJ, and without knowing if DWill would re-sign. The dude is about money and nothing more.

You don't think Dwight and Deron had an agreement? If the Nets were bare he wouldn't be interested.

Shaq was a different story. I'm posting on my phone from an airplane so I apologize. Tmac and hill was a great idea, especially if Duncan hadn't bailed. But grant was always hurt. Tracy literally was a 1 man team. I don't blame him for getting sick of it at all. Dwight hasn't played with an Allstar since 09 and only had Meer for half the year.

Listen Dwight has handled this terribly and the yahoo thing pissed me off. But I don't hate the dude for wanting to win. We passed up CP3 because we loved Meer too much, we traded alway half of arguably the best team in basketball for hedo tuekoglu and Jason Richardson. People forget before that road trip that we ha the best record in the east or close to it.

We're managed poorly and have been for a while.

Really reminds me of Cleveland and LBJ. So eerily similar in a lot if ways. Cleveland with the Finals trip. Blowing up the roster to try to please their star. Over valuing a player (Turning down Stat for Hickson, really?). Just horrible panic moves by management of both teams and it cost them their superstars. Life as a Magic fan is wild.

yeah, that's the thing. i'm actually OK with everything in this deal except lopez. i don't want us making some long term commitment with him or something, especially when we're keeping hedo.

I agree, I know Hedo's contract becomes an expiring contract soon that we could use as a trade piece, but what are we gonna do with Lopez making $10 mil/year. Nobody is gonna want that

If he does not do that then he will be the most hated Magic player in franchise history

I think you got to throw Duhon in that conversation :D

I believe they discussed it, sure. Even if they did have an agreement, Dwight and Williams alone aren't taking down Miami, OKC, LA (either team), San Antonio, or Chicago. If Dwight truly wanted to win above all else he would have demanded a trade to OKC. They have the best pieces to send out via trade, and their nucleus is the youngest in the league. But OKC is a small market, Dwight's not having any of that.

Oh, it was definitely about the Bright Lights, Big City calling. And the money, and the marketing opportunities. But I also think his people really got in his head. His people are big market-based and want their players in big markets with them.

This is partly why the system is messed up. The NBA is fine with smaller markets having a team, but they don't want their brightest stars having to toil in anonymity. You should have seen David Stern at his "state of the league" press conference during all-star weekend. He thought Cleveland's situation worked out just fine when they landed Kyrie Irving to replace LeBron James, as if the two are even remotely comparable. He was basically alluding to the future of Orlando, saying that by losing Howard, we'll fall down low enough to get our own Kyrie Irving (won't that be wonderful!!??).

Kyrie isn't lebron but that dude could be the best point guard in basketball soon. He won games on his own as a rookie and from what I've seen/heard has been doing work at USA training camp. His feel for the game, shooting, passing, vision, he's the perfect point guard. It's really hard to find a flaw in his game.

I know but when I see him check in the game the anger sharks start swimming

Pissed me off when he came in as well, but my anger was geared toward Otis for signing him and to a lesser extent, Stan for playing him.

Notice the past tense as I truly hope we have seen the last of the drunk.

Wouldnt it be great to see Duhon go up again Drunky the Bear at the next Preds game. Bet drunky would kick his butt.

Howard will for sure be the most hated Magic player in history.

Our friend (not) Kyler is saying that everyone thinks this deal will get done today. I just don't get how people can say Orlando actually likes this deal!!!!

We've been hearing that every day since draft day. Relax! Nothing will happen today

Our friend (not) Kyler is saying that everyone thinks this deal will get done today. I just don't get how people can say Orlando actually likes this deal!!!!

He's an idiot. When it doesn't he'll either use the words "fluid" or "process" or both. He never breaks anything.