Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Really, Gortat wasn't an Asset?

explain

Depends on the player. Gortat was an asset because he was a young, productive 7 FOOTER! That's why we matched, and rightfully so. Of course Otis wasted this asset, but whatever...

Depends on the player. Gortat was an asset because he was a young, productive 7 FOOTER! That's why we matched, and rightfully so. Of course Otis wasted this asset, but whatever...

Agreed, he was a 7' footer, WHO AVERAGED 4 and 4!!!

Anderson is 6'10 led league in 3pters and just so happens to get 8 rebounds per game next to the best rebounder in the game..

No sense in arguing it, we all want the same thing, but i just hope this GM isn't in over his head.

No way he works under Sam Presti for 4 years and then makes this terrible trade being rumored..

• Downvote 3

Really, Gortat wasn't an Asset?

explain

Teams don't give you anything for restricted free agents because you either dont match or you do. Beyond Ryno name me the last rfa that metted some huge return especially a lotto pick. The Magic are lucky they got anything.

Interesting article on the conflict of interest between HWNSNBU, Dwight, and Humpries.

http://probasketballdraft.com/78-featurearticles/563-conflict-of-interest.html

Add my thread on Dan HWNSNBU to this and you got yourself a cool insider movie on how Agents and Corporations effect the game.

If the NBA was smart enough they would require a 50/50 split on player endorsement contracts for non teams. Meaning that Nike would have to pay 50 percent to the team of the Player they want to endorse and the other 50 goes to the player.....

IF Dwight gets traded to Houston, then Dwight cannot sign with Brooklyn in the offseason as a free agent (BKL doesn't have the cap room to sign him).

At that point, what are Dwight's options? He either has to sign an extension and stay in with Houston or find a team with cap space that can sign him as a free agent. What major market team will have that kind of cap space available in 2013? Dallas?

The point is that Houston knows that even though Dwight might not want to extend with them, he might not have a better option.

Give Houston credit for (potentially) going all in to get Dwight. It could pay off for them big time.

It has to be on his list, but you don't let your 2nd best player go for nothing..Can anyone think of a team that just let their 2nd best player who is YOUNG leave for anything less than a Max Deal?

The guy is worth 9mil a year.!!!

He drafted a better player in Nicholson.

We don't need Anderson anymore. He can not do what Nicholson can. Just relax and have faith in Hennys eye for talent being better than Otis's.

Remember the system made Hedo into a borderline all star. How did he play the next year in Toronto?

Has a second round pick ever been "protected"?

Yes, you will see top 55 protected (which is the maximum protection) sometimes. I can't remember the last time this happened, but its usually when a team wants to give a player max raises and the other team agrees, so a S & T has to occur.

Teams don't give you anything for restricted free agents because you either dont match or you do. Beyond Ryno name me the last rfa that metted some huge return especially a lotto pick. The Magic are lucky they got anything.

No i hear you and AGREE completely, I'm saying we should have MATCHED and kept him for at least another few months, at the very least.

Anyways..so wants the latest on Dwight trade. did we trade him yet?...lol